• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair 'sorrow' over premiership

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blair 'sorrow' over premiership

[Reuters] In a landmark speech to Parliament today, British Prime Minister Tony Blair announced he was prepared to apologise to the world for his actions as head of state in the United Kingdom, “the time is right to recognise that what began as an experiment in social engineering many years ago, has failed, & meant that millions here are suffering owing to the increased geopolitical instability and the deteriorated and more costly public services. This situation has been made worse by the disastorous invasion of Iraq and admittedly short sighted social reform policies”

Heir apparent Gordon Brown added “if we’d have known they were going to turn out like this I would have made sure the c$$% was fired long ago”
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Originally posted by sunnysan
    [Reuters] In a landmark speech to Parliament today, British Prime Minister Tony Blair announced he was prepared to apologise to the world for his actions as head of state in the United Kingdom, “the time is right to recognise that what began as an experiment in social engineering many years ago, has failed, & meant that millions here are suffering owing to the increased geopolitical instability and the deteriorated and more costly public services. This situation has been made worse by the disastorous invasion of Iraq and admittedly short sighted social reform policies”

Heir apparent Gordon Brown added “if we’d have known they were going to turn out like this I would have made sure the c$$% was fired long ago”
    Ermmm ... sorry to correct your satirical post but Blair is not Head of State (thats the Queen's job) he is the Head of Government.

Chico in " I did a politics degree in a red brick university" mode
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
      Were the bricks as red as the blood of the innocents on your religious hands?

Comment

I thought he would be apologising for the increasing gap between the have and have-not's at the top and bottom of the table ... Personally I'd blame the Champions league.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Sorry

Originally posted by Chico
          Ermmm ... sorry to correct your satirical post but Blair is not Head of State (thats the Queen's job) he is the Head of Government.

Slight slip of the typing,

Sunnysan in "I cannot believe you went to a red brick uni and hold such outdated and discredited religious views " mode
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working...
          X