PDA

View Full Version : Today's Brexit economic news is....

DimPrawn
10th October 2017, 21:19
The pound edged up after UK industrial production smashed expectations in August as manufacturing output jumped | City A.M. (http://www.cityam.com/273581/pound-rising-after-uk-industrial-production-smashed)

Brexit wot dunnit, clearly....

GJABS
10th October 2017, 21:22
Half a percent. Hardly earth shattering?

northernladyuk
10th October 2017, 21:26
The pound edged up after UK industrial production smashed expectations in August as manufacturing output jumped | City A.M. (http://www.cityam.com/273581/pound-rising-after-uk-industrial-production-smashed)

Won't that kill off tourism?

DimPrawn
10th October 2017, 21:26
Half a percent. Hardly earth shattering?

We are beating expectations at almost every economic measure...

house prices are at the highest level EVER, what more does an economy need?

AtW
10th October 2017, 21:27
We are beating expectations at almost every economic measure...

house prices are at the highest level EVER, what more does an economy need?

Crash? Brexit will deliver or yer votes back!!!

northernladyuk
10th October 2017, 21:29
;)

motoukenin
10th October 2017, 21:59

OK , one more time , we haven't left yet ...wait until 2019.

Hows the "Made in Britain" campaign going found anyone to supply British Bananas , British Coffee, Cheap British TV's ..and any of the other £700 Billion of goods we import yet ?

Mordac
10th October 2017, 23:02

Hows the "Made in Britain" campaign going found anyone to supply British Bananas , British Coffee, Cheap British TV's ..and any of the other £700 Billion of goods we import yet ?

British bananas? Have you been on the good old British wacky-baccy? :cool2:

greenlake
10th October 2017, 23:10

It was front-page news! Please do keep up.... :wink

http://i.imgur.com/vE3K0AK.jpg

NotAllThere
11th October 2017, 04:24
We are beating expectations at almost every economic measure...Easy enough to achieve if expectations are low.

Paddy
11th October 2017, 05:19

Humm, the pound edged up to less that what is was ten days ago.

northernladyuk
11th October 2017, 07:45
Humm, the pound edged up to less that what is was ten days ago.

Let him have his crumbs.

http://charts.moneyam.com/Chart.aspx?Provider=EOD&Code=GBPEUR&Size=603&Skin=GreenRed&Type=2&Scale=0&Span=WEEK2&MA=&OVER=&IND=&COMP=&XCycle=&XFormat=&Layout=Default;HisDate&SV=0&LP=0&LVT=0

Back to 1.116 now.

sasguru
11th October 2017, 09:09

Yeah we made more. Unfortunately we imported even more.

UK trade deficit hits record high in August as imports jump (http://news.sky.com/story/uk-trade-deficit-hits-record-high-in-august-as-imports-jump-11074656)

It's not looking good.

motoukenin
11th October 2017, 09:09

I was being sarcastic , DP posted a load of B***cks about us making everything in Britain, presume he understood the low pound as a result of Brexit and large import equation was going to hurt.

Still I have no more time for Brexit now, on a crusade to replace the lying muppet Tories with the muppet Labour party, and watching cricket, nothing else to do while a professor checks some math algo's the last guy made.

northernladyuk
11th October 2017, 09:48
Yeah we made more. Unfortunately we imported even more.

UK trade deficit hits record high in August as imports jump (http://news.sky.com/story/uk-trade-deficit-hits-record-high-in-august-as-imports-jump-11074656)

It's not looking good.

So exports are up a bit. Imports are up more.

You would expect these to trend up if denominating them in a depreciating currency.

sasguru
11th October 2017, 09:59
So exports are up a bit. Imports are up more.

You would expect these to trend up if denominating them in a depreciating currency.

Quite.
It's time Brexiters stopped buying foreign goods: TVs, fridges, washing machines, mobile phones, cars on PCP etc etc and went back to the stone age.
Oh wait, I forgot the thick fookers have no idea about cause and effect.:rolleyes:

northernladyuk
11th October 2017, 10:33
Quite.
It's time Brexiters stopped buying foreign goods: TVs, fridges, washing machines, mobile phones, cars on PCP etc etc and went back to the stone age.
Oh wait, I forgot the thick fookers have no idea about cause and effect.:rolleyes:

Have you been nicking oPM's bedtime story books when you're dong his mum? (Rather you than me).

http://pics.me.me/the-ladybird-book-of-post-brexit-es-britain-12234782.png

NigelJK
11th October 2017, 11:04
How are those imported French Bananas then?
Actually I feel sorry the the British army, forced by an EU to eat subsidised French Beef. Just not cricket.

original PM
11th October 2017, 11:05
Have you been nicking oPM's bedtime story books when you're dong his mum? (Rather you than me).

http://pics.me.me/the-ladybird-book-of-post-brexit-es-britain-12234782.png

Your mum.....

WTFH
11th October 2017, 11:15
I see that Philip Hammond has said that in the unlikely event of there being no agreement then it’s theoretically possible that all flights will be grounded.

BlasterBates
11th October 2017, 11:41
I notice he's not budgeting for a no deal :D

...and Damian Green the deputy Prime minister said Brexit was a disaster (diplomatically) but that they were making the best of it :D

Basically Boris and co being railroaded into an interminable transition by the majority of the cabinet who obviously are not doing what they believe in but obeying the "will of the people" and trying to mitigate a f*** disaster.

:D

WTFH
11th October 2017, 11:49
OK, at least they’ve published the white paper on the Customs Bill.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/650459/customs_bill_white_paper_web.pdf

I can’t agree with point 5.12, but point 5.13 seems perfectly, um, similar.

BlasterBates
11th October 2017, 11:54
:laugh

It got through the spell and grammar checker. Civil servants appear to be overworked. They need a duplicate paragraph checker.

I was going to suggest some artificial intelligence scanner to delete passages that didn't make sense but there probably wouldn't be much left.

Paddy
11th October 2017, 13:06
Theresa May vows to spend money on Brexit 'no deal' immediately only minutes after Chancellor rules it out

:grin

Theresa May vows to spend money on Brexit 'no deal' immediately only minutes after Chancellor rules it out | The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-brexit-no-deal-preparation-spending-plans-philip-hammond-chancellor-pmqs-a7994621.html)

Philip Hammond says no Brexit deal could ground flights between EU and UK

Brexit: Philip Hammond becomes first Cabinet minister to admit 'no deal' could ground all flights | The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/philip-hammond-brexit-no-deal-ground-all-flights-uk-eu-airports-travel-european-union-a7994191.html)

Oh well, UK will meet CO2 target :laugh

Mordac
11th October 2017, 14:42
I was being sarcastic , DP posted a load of B***cks about us making everything in Britain, presume he understood the low pound as a result of Brexit and large import equation was going to hurt.

Still I have no more time for Brexit now, on a crusade to replace the lying muppet Tories with the muppet Labour party, and watching cricket, nothing else to do while a professor checks some math algo's the last guy made.

1 - when you are being sarcastic, you really need to say so, we're not all geniuses like you, and won't necessarily spot it straight away.
2 - Crusade? Racist...

northernladyuk
11th October 2017, 14:45
1 - when you are being sarcastic, you really need to say so, we're not all geniuses like you, and won't necessarily spot it straight away.
2 - Crusade? Racist...

People really should have worked this out by now.

Mordac
11th October 2017, 14:46
People really should have worked this out by now.

Oh bugger, I forgot to say I was being sarcastic...:suicide:

northernladyuk
11th October 2017, 15:00
Oh bugger, I forgot to say I was being sarcastic...:suicide:

Are you being sarcastic?

Mordac
11th October 2017, 15:02
Are you being sarcastic?

I'm not sure...:igmc:

WTFH
11th October 2017, 15:03
Are you being sarcastic?

No, what he’s saying is that not everyone is a genius, in fact less than half the population could be considered a genius.
Or, to put it another way, at least 52% have proven not to be on the genius end of the intelligence spectrum

motoukenin
11th October 2017, 15:04
2 - Crusade? Racist...

1) You need to assume sarcastic is the norm here, anything else would be taking CUK seriously
2) Yep Crusade.. Its really only a campaign but that dosen't convey the real drama so I self elevated..its not going too well but its only day one.

Mordac
11th October 2017, 15:06
No, what he’s saying is that not everyone is a genius, in fact less than half the population could be considered a genius.
Or, to put it another way, at least 52% have proven not to be on the genius end of the intelligence spectrum

You mean 52% (of less than 100%) don't agree with you, ergo they are less intelligent than you. If only your head weren't so big, there'd be room up your arse for more than one...:eyes

northernladyuk
11th October 2017, 15:09
You mean 52% (of less than 100%) don't agree with you, ergo they are less intelligent than you. If only your head weren't so big, there'd be room up your arse for more than one...:eyes

As our friends at urbandictionary say:

brexit

Name given to the national IQ test that was taken by 72% of the British population on Thursday 23rd June 2016. Failure rate 51.9%.

Mordac
11th October 2017, 15:17
As our friends at urbandictionary say:

Thanks for confirming the 72% figure. Surely the real idiots here are the 28% who couldn't figure out how to put an X in a box?

motoukenin
11th October 2017, 15:20
Thanks for confirming the 72% figure. Surely the real idiots here are the 28% who couldn't figure out how to put an X in a box?

The 72% was sarcastic and you have failed the 52% intelligence test

Mordac
11th October 2017, 15:24
The 72% was sarcastic and you have failed the 52% intelligence test

I only know irony, but my dry-cleaner does it far better than I do...

WTFH
11th October 2017, 15:26

A pro-Brexiter was supporting TM the PM today and her refusal to comment on how she would vote on Brexit.
He said that anyone who didn’t vote last year were basically saying remain.

Paddy
11th October 2017, 15:41
Even if there was a turn around today, much damage has already been done.
Business and organisations will not trust the UK.
The alleged £350m pw is a drop in the ocean compared with the losses of leaving the EU.

sasguru
11th October 2017, 15:48
Even if there was a turn around today, much damage has already been done.
Business and organisations will not trust the UK.
The alleged £350m pw is a drop in the ocean compared with the losses of leaving the EU.

I've asked every Brexiter I know (yes I do know a few) what % of world trade do they think the UK is responsible for.
The lowest answer I got is 10%, the highest was 40% (:rolleyes:)
The correct answer is 3.5% (and dropping fast).
Which only shows that their miscalculations are based on imbecility.

BlasterBates
11th October 2017, 15:53
I've asked every Brexiter I know (yes I do know a few) what % of world trade do they think the UK is responsible for.
The lowest answer I got is 10%, the highest was 40% (:rolleyes:)
The correct answer is 3.5% (and dropping fast).
Which only shows that their miscalculations are based on imbecility.

Indeed Germany exports almost as much to the Netherlands as it does to the UK. The US is Germany's biggest market, so once Britain is out of the EU and simply another country they export to, the UK will end up in a queue with a 4 or 5 equally important or more important trading partners.

DimPrawn
11th October 2017, 17:01

Bananas - Not from EU
Coffee - Not from EU
TV's - Not from EU

I don't think you've really thought about UK <-> EU trade much have you?

Paddy
11th October 2017, 17:19
Bananas - Not from EU
Coffee - Not from EU
TV's - Not from EU

Wrong!

French Bananas from Guadeloupe and Martinique - Flavours From France (http://flavoursfromfrance.typepad.com/flavours-from-france/2011/04/french-bananas-from-guadeloupe-and-martinique.html)

Also loads of TV manufactures in Germany, Czech and NL and others

AtW
11th October 2017, 17:25
Bananas - Not from EU
Coffee - Not from EU
TV's - Not from EU

Top seller of coffee beans is ... Switzerland...

darmstadt
11th October 2017, 17:28
Wrong!

French Bananas from Guadeloupe and Martinique - Flavours From France (http://flavoursfromfrance.typepad.com/flavours-from-france/2011/04/french-bananas-from-guadeloupe-and-martinique.html)

Also loads of TV manufactures in Germany, Czech and NL and others

And what the majority of Brexiters don't know is that Guadeloupe and Martinique are actually part of the EU (with the same status as the Channel Islands)

northernladyuk
11th October 2017, 18:11
And what the majority of Brexiters don't know is that Guadeloupe and Martinique are actually part of the EU (with the same status as the Channel Islands)

Guadeloupe is a part of France whereas none of the Channel Islands is part of the UK. Their relationships with the EU are accordingly different.

AtW
11th October 2017, 18:19

The majority of Brexiters don't know a lot more basic things like that ...

darmstadt
11th October 2017, 19:26
Guadeloupe is a part of France whereas none of the Channel Islands is part of the UK. Their relationships with the EU are accordingly different.

I know that, I never said they were. I think if you read my reply I stated they had the same status. Stop prentending to have the same mindset as a Daily Mail reader...

northernladyuk
11th October 2017, 19:32
I know that, I never said they were. I think if you read my reply I stated they had the same status. Stop prentending to have the same mindset as a Daily Mail reader...

They don't have the same status.

Big Blue Plymouth
11th October 2017, 19:40

Hang on, last time I looked the Channel Islands were neither part of the UK nor in the EU.

Guadeloupe has the same status as any other French department, is firmly in the EU & has adopted the Euro.

Edit: Oh, they already said it :eyes

Mordac
11th October 2017, 19:42

...which aren't part of the EU. Perhaps you've nailed this, we can be in and out at the same time. You're so clever...

:tired

Mordac
11th October 2017, 19:50
Top seller of coffee beans is ... Switzerland...

No, Switzerland is "unicorn turds", you haven't been paying attention, have you?

northernladyuk
11th October 2017, 19:53
Hang on, last time I looked the Channel Islands were neither part of the UK nor in the EU.

Guadeloupe has the same status as any other French department, is firmly in the EU & has adopted the Euro.

Edit: Oh, they already said it :eyes

Almost. Guadeloupe is an outermost region and is outside the Schengen Area and the EU VAT Area.

northernladyuk
11th October 2017, 19:55
...which aren't part of the EU. Perhaps you've nailed this, we can be in and out at the same time. You're so clever...

:tired

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_member_state_territories_and_the_European_ Union

Big Blue Plymouth
11th October 2017, 20:04
Almost. Guadeloupe is an outermost region and is outside the Schengen Area and the EU VAT Area.

Nice place. Been to Les Saintes and St Martin.

Don't know how much is left now though :eyes

darmstadt
11th October 2017, 20:48
Territorial status of EU countries and certain territories

EU country / Territories related with EU countries | Territory of the EU | Customs rules apply | VAT rules apply | Excise rules apply
France / Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique, Réunion, Mayotte, Saint-Martin | yes | yes | no | no
United Kingdom / Channel Islands | yes | yes | no | no

northernladyuk
11th October 2017, 20:55
Territorial status of EU countries and certain territories

EU country / Territories related with EU countries | Territory of the EU | Customs rules apply | VAT rules apply | Excise rules apply
France / Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique, Réunion, Mayotte, Saint-Martin | yes | yes | no | no
United Kingdom / Channel Islands | yes | yes | no | no

Freedom of movement applies to Guadeloupe but not Channel Islands. Not same. Different. See now?

Mordac
11th October 2017, 21:56
Freedom of movement applies to Guadeloupe but not Channel Islands. Not same. Different. See now?

No, he doesn't. Bring back Scooty, at least when he made stuff up some of it was almost plausible...

darmstadt
12th October 2017, 08:38
No, he doesn't. Bring back Scooty, at least when he made stuff up some of it was almost plausible...

Damn, that EU website must be lying. Better change my views to that of a blinkered person now

darmstadt
12th October 2017, 08:44

Not quite. There are some slight differences to your generalising statement...

Channel Islanders are British citizens and hence European citizens. As a result, they can travel freely within the EU, and all European citizens can travel to the islands without restrictions. However, the islands do not participate in the freedom of movement of labour, and as a result their citizens are not entitled to work or reside within the EU unless they are directly connected (through birth, or descent from a parent or grandparent) with the United Kingdom. After five years continuous residence in the United Kingdom, islanders are entitled to participate in the freedom of movement of labour or services throughout the EU

You need to be more specific otherwise someone will mistake you for someone who likes to use post truth fact distribution

northernladyuk
12th October 2017, 08:53
Damn, that EU website must be lying. Better change my views to that of a blinkered person now

Guadeloupe is an outermost region of an EU country. As such, it is part of the EU, but concessions are made to allow them to be outside Schengen and VAT. It remains within the freedom of movement of labour and goods area (and I think freedom of movement of capital and services).

The Channel Islands are dependencies of the British Crown. As such, they are outside of the EU and they are outside of the freedom of movement of labour, services and capital areas and VAT area. A concession is made to bring them into the customs union and the freedom of movement of goods area.

Not same. Different. See now?

northernladyuk
12th October 2017, 08:55
Not quite. There are some slight differences to your generalising statement...

You need to be more specific otherwise someone will mistake you for someone who likes to use post truth fact distribution

I was correct, but not 100% specific. The fact remains that Guadeloupe and the Channel Islands do not have the same status.

motoukenin
12th October 2017, 09:29
Bananas - Not from EU
Coffee - Not from EU
TV's - Not from EU

Thats because I am not thinking of EU trade, the pound has dropped against virtually every country in the world so dosen't matter where you buy things, anything we import will cost more. Being in a position of employees generally not able to give pay rises inflation at 2.8 % and mortgage increases on the horizon is pretty f***d up. A campaign where everyone can dig for oil should be implemented now to avoid disaster.

Jog On
12th October 2017, 11:26
Today's Brexit economic news is....

....Good for my £ short today :smokin

Mordac
12th October 2017, 12:10
Thats because I am not thinking of EU trade, the pound has dropped against virtually every country in the world so dosen't matter where you buy things, anything we import will cost more. Being in a position of employees generally not able to give pay rises inflation at 2.8 % and mortgage increases on the horizon is pretty f***d up. A campaign where everyone can dig for oil should be implemented now to avoid disaster.

Not when we deduct EU tariffs, which we won't need to charge. Which is very good news for African farmers in particular, who are currently being shafted by EU tariffs. But then, as a renowned economics guru specializing in world trade, you already knew that...

BlasterBates
12th October 2017, 12:19
The question I always ask myself is if the EU charges ridiculous tariffs on agricultural products why are Swiss and Norwegian supermarkets so expensive. A clue might be the huge queues of lorries at the border. There are also huge queues of Swiss cars at the border to get over to do their shopping in Germany.

The supermarkets have already stated that prices will go up after Brexit.

WTFH
12th October 2017, 12:24
Not when we deduct EU tariffs, which we won't need to charge. Which is very good news for African farmers in particular, who are currently being shafted by EU tariffs. But then, as a renowned economics guru specializing in world trade, you already knew that...

And when the UK farmers no longer get their EU money for cereal crops, sugar, dairy, etc, but the supermarkets source everything from Africa, then the British farmers can do something else, but then you already knew that...

northernladyuk
12th October 2017, 12:28
And when the UK farmers no longer get their EU money for cereal crops, sugar, dairy, etc, but the supermarkets source everything from Africa, then the British farmers can do something else, but then you already knew that...

I'm looking forward to seeing all those motorway-side farmland UKIP hoardings being chopped up for firewood in the dark days ahead.

BlasterBates
12th October 2017, 12:34

From what I understand WTO agricultural tariffs are very high but everyone, apart from the UK once it leaves the EU, is in a trading block of some sort, so no-one actually charges them, except the UK of course :D

Paddy
12th October 2017, 13:02
From what I understand WTO agricultural tariffs are very high but everyone, apart from the UK once it leaves the EU, is in a trading block of some sort, so no-one actually charges them, except the UK of course :D

Any early birds listening to R4's farming program can be entertained by farmers who are already whinging about the government's lack a promise to make good the withdrawal of EU subsidies. Not only that they are also whinging about the possible unfair competition from the USA.

WTFH
12th October 2017, 13:14
Any early birds listening to R4's farming program can be entertained by farmers who are already whinging about the government's lack a promise to make good the withdrawal of EU subsidies. Not only that they are also whinging about the possible unfair competition from the USA.

A bit like the Welsh and those in the South West when they realise that they won’t be getting subsidies from anyone anymore.

motoukenin
12th October 2017, 13:45
The question I always ask myself is if the EU charges ridiculous tariffs on agricultural products why are Swiss and Norwegian supermarkets so expensive. A clue might be the huge queues of lorries at the border. There are also huge queues of Swiss cars at the border to get over to do their shopping in Germany.

It only charges high tariffs on processed food from outside EU , raw materials carry little or no tariff which is the point of tariffs to protect food industries but not hamper raw materials that are not grown in EU but then processed into foods that are consumed or exported from EU.

northernladyuk
12th October 2017, 13:45

Bloody parasites. They should understand market forces and get on their bike and find work. Although you'll never see a farmer on a bike.

motoukenin
12th October 2017, 13:59
Bloody parasites. They should understand market forces and get on their bike and find work. Although you'll never see a farmer on a bike.

You might do after Brexit, them Mercedes are expensive to run.

BrilloPad
12th October 2017, 14:01

Mr Macdonald will be soon. He may be old - but had cows, sheep, pigs which made a variety of noises.

After Brexit it will be EU EU Oh.....

northernladyuk
12th October 2017, 14:02
You might do after Brexit, them Mercedes are expensive to run.

Maybe they'll just keep them running forever like Cuba's pre-embargo cars.

BlasterBates
12th October 2017, 14:03
Some Brexiteers have been trumpeting NAFTA as a better alternative to the EU, looks like if the UK does get in it will be just in time for its demise as Trump pulls the US out of it.

Mordac
12th October 2017, 15:10
It only charges high tariffs on processed food from outside EU , raw materials carry little or no tariff which is the point of tariffs to protect food industries but not hamper raw materials that are not grown in EU but then processed into foods that are consumed or exported from EU.

Oh ffs. Have a look for yourself. "Raw materials" usually carry the highest tariffs, especially if they compete with French produce. Your ignorance is starting to become slightly irritating.

TARIC Consultation (http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/taric_consultation.jsp?Lang=en)

Mordac
12th October 2017, 15:18

All I know about Norway is that booze is so horrifically expensive that I don't ever want to go there.
Ditto Switzerland, except I have been there, and the same goes for their chocolate. I have no idea why they'd put tariffs on their own chocolate, but they obviously do, because a large bar of the stuff in their duty free shops is about the same as 200 fags.

Mordac
12th October 2017, 15:20
Some Brexiteers have been trumpeting NAFTA as a better alternative to the EU, looks like if the UK does get in it will be just in time for its demise as Trump pulls the US out of it.

Naff-all is starting to look like a better alternative to the EU. Correction, it was almost certainly a better alternative from day one.

motoukenin
12th October 2017, 15:57
Oh ffs. Have a look for yourself. "Raw materials" usually carry the highest tariffs, especially if they compete with French produce. Your ignorance is starting to become slightly irritating.

TARIC Consultation (http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/taric_consultation.jsp?Lang=en)

Having looked at a few of your last posts and just about everyone proving you wrong I decided to humour you and just do a quick google on Green coffee imports to the EU. Within 5 seconds I found the answer EU does not impose import duty on Green coffee (raw material).

2.11.2-The markets for coffee-Tariff barriers (http://www.thecoffeeguide.org/coffee-guide/the-markets-for-coffee/Tariff-barriers/)

Now decided to ignore every posting you make from now on just like everyone else.

BlasterBates
12th October 2017, 16:32
This is interesting given the fact that the UK is in the stronger bargaining position

Barnier's comments send the pound plunging (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4973198/Barnier-signals-trade-talks-not-start.html)

So when a UK goverment minister says something bad about the Brexit negotiations the pound plunges, and when the EU negotiator says things aren't going well the pound plunges,

Can anyone else see the common factor ?

It seems that the fate of the pound is linked to the Brexit negotiations, but the Euro isn't.

Perhaps can someone who firmly believes that the UK holds all the cards, explain why the Euro doesn't plunge when the Brexit negotiations go astray.

jamesbrown
12th October 2017, 17:18
This is interesting given the fact that the UK is in the stronger bargaining position

Barnier's comments send the pound plunging (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4973198/Barnier-signals-trade-talks-not-start.html)

So when a UK goverment minister says something bad about the Brexit negotiations the pound plunges, and when the EU negotiator says things aren't going well the pound plunges,

Can anyone else see the common factor ?

It seems that the fate of the pound is linked to the Brexit negotiations, but the Euro isn't.

Perhaps can someone who firmly believes that the UK holds all the cards, explain why the Euro doesn't plunge when the Brexit negotiations go astray.

Most ironic given that the EURUSD is down today, and cable is up.

:rollin:

Mordac
12th October 2017, 17:38
Having looked at a few of your last posts and just about everyone proving you wrong I decided to humour you and just do a quick google on Green coffee imports to the EU. Within 5 seconds I found the answer EU does not impose import duty on Green coffee (raw material).

2.11.2-The markets for coffee-Tariff barriers (http://www.thecoffeeguide.org/coffee-guide/the-markets-for-coffee/Tariff-barriers/)

Now decided to ignore every posting you make from now on just like everyone else.

Green coffee is not a threat to the French (or anyone else in Europe). Therefore you are not correcting anything I said, you are simply reiterating the fact that you cannot read, or understand, anything in English.

chopper
12th October 2017, 19:56

Hmmn, GBP looks 0.5% up on EUR and 0.3% up on USD. FTSE 100 closes at a record high.

Headlines this evening like "Pound hits eight-week high against dollar"

An unusual plunge, I must say.

Paddy
12th October 2017, 21:01
Hmmn, GBP looks 0.5% up on EUR and 0.3% up on USD. FTSE 100 closes at a record high.

Headlines this evening like "Pound hits eight-week high against dollar"

An unusual plunge, I must say.

I just took a look at that and GBP v Euro, its smoke and mirrors,
is higher than eight weeks but that was really a low. Look at the hourly moves.
Down trends each time May opens her mouth.

motoukenin
13th October 2017, 07:02

********************************* BANG TO RIGHTS **********************************

******************************Another Brexit numpty exposed***************************

Bang to rights (TM) is a charitable organisation that exposes Brexit false news and misconceptions. Bang to rights (TM) holds no responsibility for the tarnished reputation of those it exposes and only represents those that have been misled into voting on the basis of incorrect or misleading advice. No animals have been harmed in the creation of this posting.

shaunbhoy
13th October 2017, 09:13
No animals have been harmed in the creation of this posting.

Really? But what about the retarded donkey whose brain they removed and implanted into the vacant area above your sloping shoulders just so you could lick windows more effectively? Answer me that!!

:laugh

Cirrus
13th October 2017, 10:26
exposes Brexit false news and misconceptions. You're wasting your time. Brexiteers I've spoken to recently don't take any notice of all the stuff being discussed here. They have a hazy vision of a wonderful world at the end of the rainbow. That's why they voted and they haven't been deflected by all the recent machinations. Near-term problems are just minor setbacks on the golden road to a rosy future where everybody is happy and nobody tells you what to do.

original PM
13th October 2017, 10:28
You're wasting your time. Brexiteers I've spoken to recently don't take any notice of all the stuff being discussed here. They have a hazy vision of a wonderful world at the end of the rainbow. That's why they voted and they haven't been deflected by all the recent machinations. Near-term problems are just minor setbacks on the golden road to a rosy future where everybody is happy and nobody tells you what to do.

Why would they take notice of shitposts?

shaunbhoy
13th October 2017, 10:51
Brexiteers I've spoken to recently don't take any notice of me at all. Come to think of it, that is the general response I encounter whenever I attempt to discuss almost ANY topic at all

ftfy

:tumble: :tumble: :tumble:

BlasterBates
13th October 2017, 11:29
300 amendments tabled for the great Brexit repeal bill (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4976038/Ministers-halt-flagship-Brexit-bill-Tory-backlash-looms.html)

That's parliamentary speak for

F*** off

BrilloPad
13th October 2017, 11:34
300 amendments tabled for the great Brexit repeal bill (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4976038/Ministers-halt-flagship-Brexit-bill-Tory-backlash-looms.html)

That's parliamentary speak for

F*** off

About time the EU was told to f**k off.

Cirrus
13th October 2017, 11:40
:tumble: :tumble: :tumble: Keep following the rainbow Shortboy. Everyone needs a dream. :wave:

shaunbhoy
13th October 2017, 11:53
Everyone needs a dream. :wave:

Not those of us whose reality is just fine.

:wink

BlasterBates
13th October 2017, 12:24
About time the EU was told to f**k off.

Indeed that is the only option now available:

Brussels is just not willing to negotiate – we should walk away | Frederick Forsyth | Columnists | Comment | Express.co.uk (http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/frederick-forsyth/865922/Brussels-unwilling-to-negotiate-Frederick-Forsyth)

It is now perfectly plain that the EU, in the form of Barnier, Juncker, Verhofstadt and the rest, intend to offer us nothing but the option of our capitulation and humiliation.

oh dear....
deary me
deary deary me

BrilloPad
13th October 2017, 12:32
Indeed that is the only option now available:

Brussels is just not willing to negotiate – we should walk away | Frederick Forsyth | Columnists | Comment | Express.co.uk (http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/frederick-forsyth/865922/Brussels-unwilling-to-negotiate-Frederick-Forsyth)

oh dear....
deary me
deary deary me

Believing what you read in the Express?

Nurse!

motoukenin
13th October 2017, 12:58
You're wasting your time. Brexiteers I've spoken to recently don't take any notice of all the stuff being discussed here. They have a hazy vision of a wonderful world at the end of the rainbow. That's why they voted and they haven't been deflected by all the recent machinations. Near-term problems are just minor setbacks on the golden road to a rosy future where everybody is happy and nobody tells you what to do.

Sure and I think your right for some sectors , but as i am bored I decided to try and understand the rationale.

It varies between people who voted to leave as there life is sh!t and even if Brexit is a big failure so what, to those who do genuinely believe that we will be better off.

I also did some blogging on a US site as well and from what I can tell it seems like the USA would not be that interested in a UK without Europe. Most of the responses there suggested that there is no special relationship, the US population has changed so much over the last 20 years , and if UK pulled out of EU then enough EU countries now speak English that they predict a lot of company relocations , one or two admitted that their company was now making plans to move out.

Relaying this to people in the UK I got a very aggressive response, most thought good riddance and some said that would actually be good for Britain so not sure the special relationship exist here either.

Not going to bore you with all of the reactions and counter reactions from what I have done to date, but it has been very interesting and if I was to sum it up I would say that it all boils down to education and what you can make people believe.

Asking if being in the EU which is a complex question, and I am not patronising people here there are just so many different aspects from distribution of Atomic materials to interest rates and trade that even a rocket scientist would have been hard pressed to work out the pro's and con's to a country of more than 60 million, so the actual question of EU membership for the UK was pretty flawed from the start.

shaunbhoy
13th October 2017, 13:02
Not going to bore you

Yes you are....................:zzzz:

darmstadt
13th October 2017, 13:16
Believing what you read in the Express?

Nurse!

A million brexiters did :laugh

BlasterBates
13th October 2017, 13:43
Labour suggests voters now regret Brexit (https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/13/labour-flags-up-brexit-poll-which-suggests-public-regret-decision)

Ever more remoaners sitting under their tables at home with paper bags over their heads, saying "woe is me".

oh dear
deary me
deary deary me

darmstadt
17th October 2017, 19:26

I forgot about this one, Andrea Leadsom, prominent Leave and member of the Conservative government and their conference stated:

At the beginning of this year we launched our Great British Food Unit to promote our food and drink worldwide.

We’re selling coffee to Brazil, sparkling wine to France and naan bread to India.

Paddy
17th October 2017, 19:46
I forgot about this one, Andrea Leadsom, prominent Leave and member of the Conservative government and their conference stated:

At the beginning of this year we launched our Great British Food Unit to promote our food and drink worldwide.
We’re selling coffee to Brazil, sparkling wine to France and naan bread to India.

Yet another Tory Liar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Leadsom

Alleged exaggeration of pre-government jobs and responsibilities[edit]
On 6 July 2016 The Times and other news media published articles which said that Leadsom had overstated her private sector experience and responsibilities. They said that despite references her supporters had made to her managing "billions of pounds in funds" and her impressive-sounding job titles, she had held financial services regulator approval for only a brief three month period in 10 years at Invesco Perpetual, and quoted former colleagues who said that she had exaggerated her level of involvement and her management responsibilities. Her CV claim to be "the youngest ever senior executive" at Barclays was said to be "categorically not true". Her published CV had claimed that she was "head-hunted from Barclays to establish a new funds management business" as "managing director of DPFM Ltd". But DPFM was owned by her brother-in-law and Companies House records show that [B]she was marketing director not managing director. She was also named as chief investment officer of Invesco Perpetual in a "Who's Who" entry; but the actual chief investment officer at the time, Bob Yerbury, said that she reported to him and did not make investment decisions. Yerbury attached no weight to the controversy concerning the presentation of her career, saying he had no doubts about her honesty.[17][63]

darmstadt
17th October 2017, 20:12
Yet another Tory Liar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Leadsom

Maybe someone could set up a list of Tories who don't lie :laugh

Mordac
18th October 2017, 01:05

Show me a contractor who hasn't embellished their CV at some point. You can't, because we all have to some degree, however small. Although we weren't stupid enough to put ourselves in the public firing line, so Leadsom deserves a major bollocking for extreme stupidity, at the very least. And you can jump off your high horse (try not to hurt yourself) you idiot child, if you are expecting us to believe that no Labour parasite has ever lied. Where shall we start...?

WTFH
18th October 2017, 06:45

Quite down there. Brexit is built on lies and deceit. It can only be delivered if the liars and deceivers are encouraged to continue to do so.

motoukenin
18th October 2017, 06:50

Andrea Leadsom being the relative of a big cheese in a well known city company does not surprise me , the political class in the UK are well connected, remember going to a "party" when I was working in London Fintech the person who invited me knew a lot of people in the city and I could not believe what a small world that was, name dropping of politicians, company CEO's , city Bankers etc.was quite common.

They were not the sort of people I would normally mix with and generally made me feel uncomfortable so when they started bringing out chemical enhancements made my excuses and left.

Cant quite understand the deceit with the coffee though which blew up into an embarrassment for her when it was proved that the coffee was grown in a lab and had never been exported, telling lies like that for someone who was going for PM would have been dynamite for the Press, maybe thats why she didn't get in.

northernladyuk
18th October 2017, 06:54
Show me a contractor who hasn't embellished their CV at some point. You can't, because we all have to some degree, however small. Although we weren't stupid enough to put ourselves in the public firing line, so Leadsom deserves a major bollocking for extreme stupidity, at the very least. And you can jump off your high horse (try not to hurt yourself) you idiot child, if you are expecting us to believe that no Labour parasite has ever lied. Where shall we start...?

There could well be but I can't immediately think of any recent Labour frontbenchers. Care to name them? And as for contractors embellishing CV, I don't. How do you embellish yours?

Woman who lied on CV that she had A-Levels to bag NHS job is jailed | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1260901/Woman-lied-CV-A-Levels-bag-NHS-job-jailed.html)

darmstadt
18th October 2017, 08:48

You might have to embellish your CV, most PFYs do...You might want to look at the last couple of Tory manifestos and check to see how much they have implemented against how much that they have either rolled back on or will never implement (might want to also check how many ideas they're nicking from Labour while you're at it.) The Foreign Secretary, the person who is the face of the UK to the rest of the world, is well known as a pathological liar. Remember, it's the Tories in power, not Labour therefore it is their lies which affect you and the country, not Labour

BlasterBates
18th October 2017, 10:05
Poland's foreign minister hits the nail on the head:

Brexit news - Polish foreign minister says Britain must pay 'as much as possible, as long as possible' to EU | Politics | News | Express.co.uk (http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/867862/Brexit-news-Polish-foreign-minister-Britain-must-pay-as-much-as-possible-EU)

Witold Waszczykowski apparently made the remark at a meeting of diplomats and officials over the summer, telling them wringing a huge Brexit bill out of the UK was the “only thing” the 27 are united on.

....all their asking is the UK simply pay its bill.

Lets face it 20 billion won't hack it.

Paddy
18th October 2017, 11:52
Ken Twatt Clark at HoC today

"Brexit will help poor countries with trade...

Desperation sound bites

motoukenin
18th October 2017, 12:09
Poland's foreign minister hits the nail on the head:

Brexit news - Polish foreign minister says Britain must pay 'as much as possible, as long as possible' to EU | Politics | News | Express.co.uk (http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/867862/Brexit-news-Polish-foreign-minister-Britain-must-pay-as-much-as-possible-EU)

....all their asking is the UK simply pay its bill.

Lets face it 20 billion won't hack it.

Even as a remainer I think its a decent amount , think your right it has to look like a punishment and even Malta could raise that

shaunbhoy
18th October 2017, 13:52
Even as a remainer I think

Fooking Oxymoron alert!!

:bluelight

:rollin: