• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Data Processing Protection Corporation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Processing Protection Corporation

I seem to remember reading something about these guys some time ago but the details escape me.

I received a letter from them saying that I had to pay £95 to join something reference notifying the Information Commissioner when processing personal information, unless exempt.

Failure to comply has a fine of £5k.

Is this just a blatant attempt to shake me down for some cash or is there really a necessity to join up. Seems they've taken their time getting to me if the latter.

Needless to say of course, there isn't a telephone number on their blurb to ask any questions.

All together now.... (to the tune of the Monty Python "Spam" song)

Scam scam scam scam scam scam

Send the letter to trading standards.

Comment

or cut out the middle man and bin it - TS have lists of these scam companies on their website.

Comment

re.

Seems the Trading Standards Office was well up to speed - got a swift reply saying that they knew of this scam, knew the company and it was currently under their investigation.

Yahoo.

Comment

Re: re.

Just had a letter from these myself today - checked the web and found your posts confirming my suspicions - thanks folks.
          Cheers
          Earl

Comment

Working...
          X