• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toilet Training For Staff From Overseas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toilet Training For Staff From Overseas

WARNING! Don't read this thread if you're eating or about to eat.

At the site where I work, some laminated signs have appeared on the doors of the cubicles in the gent's toilet. They say "Please sit down when using the toilet", and something about having respect for other people using the facilities, and please leave them as you would expect to find them. There's also a cartoon of a man on a loo with his trousers round his ankles, and some sort of document on his lap, strategically placed of course.

Now, I thought this was a joke at first, but apparently they are there for a reason. I'm told that the staff from the offshore outsourcing company who use the toilet tend not to sit down when they have a poo, and consequently their aim is often not what it should be. I don't use those loos any more, because of this, but also because of the things they do in the sink - like blowing their nose straight into the sink, or clearing their throat... you get the drift. It's disgusting.

If they're going to work in a civilised country, then they should be given training in how to behave in a civilised manner. Not behave like fecking barbarians.

Apologies if this offends anyone, but I needed to get it off my chest.

All the permies here have been made to go on "cultural awareness" courses, presumably to teach them how to do all that
    Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

On a serious note... a place where I worked had their toilets blocked regularly; dyno rod discovered the blockage was caused by plastic cups from the vending machines.
      Seems after poo poo it is customary in some nations to use cups of water to flush the toilet... and then throw the cup down the bog
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Worked with this Sri Lankan bloke once. Use to snort snot between his fingers and examine it. The noises made you want to throw up.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

At my place of work the main problem is people not flushing the loo. Don't know whether its the foreigners though.

Maybe the scene in the film "Borat" was not so far off the mark after all... (that's the one where he does a poo in the loo and brings it downstairs to the other guests in a bag).

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
            On a serious note... a place where I worked had their toilets blocked regularly; dyno rod discovered the blockage was caused by plastic cups from the vending machines.
            Seems after poo poo it is customary in some nations to use cups of water to flush the toilet... and then throw the cup down the bog
            The water is not to flush the loo. It’s them there muslims again. They are told to wash their bum after passing the bowls. (With their left hand)
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
              because of the things they do in the sink - like blowing their nose straight into the sink, or clearing their throat... you get the drift. It's disgusting.
              Yeah, what is with that? I'm washing my hands while the guy next to makes that haaaachhhh sound and then spits into the sink. Turns my stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
                Apologies if this offends anyone, but I needed to get it off my chest.
                Gee, you're right, their aim must be bad!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mmc71
                  It’s quite amusing when you see them come out the mosque in east London and the back of their caftan has a large wet patch.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by mmc71

Comment

Working...
                    X