• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Seen my Missing Half a Trillion Quid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Seen my Missing Half a Trillion Quid?

Britain's missing billions: Revised figures reveal UK is £490bn poorer than previously thought

Notice how the net position surged in 2016?

All's that is happening is it is stabilising back to its pre-2016 level - net IIP as you can see has actually been in deficit for many years before 2016. -£22 billion is by no means a bad position and this article is pure sensationalism for suggesting so.

Thats why its only being reported by The Telegraph online and, you know, no one important.

Comment

Must be Brillo advising the treasury on divorce tactics - they've got the most experienced man on the job.

Comment

If there's anything in this I suspect the situation is some Remainer plot contrived by the Treasury, at the behest of Phillip Hammond, e.g. to try and prevent the government leaving the EU without a trade deal or long transition period.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          If there's anything in this I suspect the situation is some Remainer plot contrived by the Treasury, at the behest of Phillip Hammond, e.g. to try and prevent the government leaving the EU without a trade deal or long transition period.
          Yes that must be it
          It's becoming apparent that many Brexiters are simply mentally ill: paranoid, delusional fantasists.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Can't be bothered to pay half a trillion for DT premium content. Good article on declining sales of Satnavs at the right.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Isn't it all invested in UK property?

Comment

Someone senior at the ONS will soon be rewarded with a Knighthood, or made a Life-Peer. Typical reward for a cockup of the highest order.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                X