• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lock up your pensions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock up your pensions

Budget 2017: Philip Hammond mulling tax cuts for the young paid for by slashing pension tax reliefs | City A.M.

oh, dear, oh, dear

Pension reliefs were going to be cut at some point due to the lower tax take. They just needed an excuse to do it.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They already pretty much killed relief to zero on income above 200k, only 10k allowed pension contribution - nobony said a word about the "rich", now he comes for everybody else

The young ones will still vote Korbin

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Pension reliefs were going to be cut at some point due to the lower tax take. They just needed an excuse to do it.
        yup.

Doing it for 'the kids' is simply a direct response to Corbyn.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          yup.

Doing it for 'the kids' is simply a direct response to Corbyn.
          The kids aren't as stupid as people believe.

If the Tories want to win the next three elections they just need to start massive house building and ban non-EU residents from buying the properties.

Comment

If the Tories want to win the next three elections they just need to start massive house building and ban non-EU residents from buying the properties.
            I wasn't suggesting they are stupid. They're far better educated than my parents generation, and arguably better than mine.

They may not remember the 70s mind, but that's kinda not their fault.

As for the next 3 elections,.,... They should concentrate on not f***king up Brexit.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              I wasn't suggesting they are stupid. They're far better educated than my parents generation, and arguably better than mine.

They may not remember the 70s mind, but that's kinda not their fault.
              No one can remember a decade they weren't born in.

Comment

No one can remember a decade they weren't born in.
                Have I misread my calendar?
                Is it national state the bleeding obvious day today?
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

They are though. But then so are the grown-ups and pensioners.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    They are though. But then so are the grown-ups and pensioners.
                    So where do you fit into this demographic then??

Comment

Working...
                    X