• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well it arrived

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it arrived

Yes folks, yesterday I took receipt of my new car and very happy with it I am too!

MB, Skoda make brilliant cars!

That TIPTRONIC is sweet!

Just need to run it in and get it chipped...

"Skoda make brilliant cars!"

How many people said that 20 years ago? VW have done a good job rebranding them.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

congratulations

that 2.5tdi is powerful machine

is it 5 speed tiptronic or 6 speed ?

is it the DSG on the 2.5 ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        "Skoda make brilliant cars!"

How many people said that 20 years ago? VW have done a good job rebranding them.
        They haven't just re-branded them. It's a VAG car under the skin. Yet some sad feckers witll still pay 2-3K more for a VW or Audi badge.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          They haven't just re-branded them. It's a VAG car under the skin. Yet some sad feckers witll still pay 2-3K more for a VW or Audi badge.
          Agree that it's a VAG car and it uses approx 60% common parts with other VW/Audis with the same platform but there are definite differences in quality and styling that make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
            Agree that it's a VAG car and it uses approx 60% common parts with other VW/Audis with the same platform but there are definite differences in quality and styling that make a difference.
            Quality? Doubt it ...not sure about this, but seem to remember Skodas scoring higher on reliability than VW in JD Power?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

ok fixtures and fittings

the A4 diesel is definately quieter inside than the octavia diesel

I'll stick with the Octavia though thanks

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
                I would agree. I have an A4 (that's a bit long in the tooth now) and when you sit in it there are little things that just feel like they have better build quality.

The feel of the switches is more solid, the buttons don't feel quite as plasticy, etc. It just feels a tiny bit more refined. I agree that under the hood it is identical but it's those little touches that make the Audi more desireable.

All that being said it comes down to personal preference. What I see as more refined somebody else may not, or somebody else may not care about the feel of the buttons, etc.

Comment

i think the A4 was more desirable than the old shape octavia (the one I have), but I think the new shape looks really good especially from the front and the estate too

inside the new octavia has a much nicer finish to the materials and is a much higher quality of materials than the old octavia

so in today's market i'd definately have the octavia over the a4

also for those of us who own our cars, like for like original parts are cheaper for skoda than for audi or vw

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes

also for those of us who own our cars, like for like original parts are cheaper for skoda than for audi or vw
                    And are often exactly the same SKU just sold under a different brand.

Originally posted by ardesco
                    The feel of the switches is more solid, the buttons don't feel quite as plasticy, etc. It just feels a tiny bit more refined. I agree that under the hood it is identical but it's those little touches that make the Audi more desireable.
                    That was also my impression - I worked for them a number of years back and therefore rattled through a number of company cars. There was a definite 'sense' of quality difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X