• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit fruit loopery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit fruit loopery

We'll try to keep this one light-hearted, as I'm sure we could enjoy some mirth.

Theresa May urged to abandon Brexit trade deal talks | Daily Mail Online

‘If at the European Council this week, the EU continues to refuse to discuss the future framework for a trade relationship, we should formally declare that we are assuming that we will be subject to WTO rules from March 30, 2019.’

Such an announcement would provide business with ‘absolute certainty about the future’ – and if the EU then wanted to return to the negotiating table, that would be a ‘bonus’.

The letter adds that the public would welcome ‘such decisive action’ and ministers would be better focusing their efforts on ‘minimising disruptions’ from Brexit and seizing the economic opportunities.

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    We'll try to keep this one light-hearted, as I'm sure we could enjoy some mirth.

this is a negotiation - there will be Most Desirable and Least Desirable Outcomes drawn up

both sides will be negotiating towards their respective MDO everything you hear inbetween is fluff and bluster

chill Winston

Comment

Pound drops on declining retail sales

whoops there goes the pound again...

The amount bought across the retail industry shrank by 0.8% during September, a sign that consumers reined in their spending. Non-food stores suffered the biggest decline in takings.

That means that retail sales volumes over the last year have only risen by 1.2%.

The Office for National Statistics also reports that prices in the shops rose by 3.3% over the last year - the biggest jump since March 2012.

The figures also show that people spent 0.5% less in the shops in September than in August [this survey tracks the volume of sales, and the value]
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post

I have a feeling that there is a sincere effort like for the general election to make the Brexit so bad that general opinion changes and the pressure comes from the majority for it to be reversed

How else to explain a brinkmanship negotiating position from the side which has the worst hand of cards ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
          this is a negotiation - there will be Most Desirable and Least Desirable Outcomes drawn up

both sides will be negotiating towards their respective MDO everything you hear inbetween is fluff and bluster

chill Winston
          Exactly. As I said, just a bit of light-hearted fun at the fruit loops.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            I have a feeling that there is a sincere effort like for the general election to make the Brexit so bad that general opinion changes and the pressure comes from the majority for it to be reversed

How else to explain a brinkmanship negotiating position from the side which has the worst hand of cards ?

Milan.
            You need to understand the history of UK politics; in particular inbred stupid privileged snotty kids being send to
            schools like Eaton and not having a clue about the real world. The Tories put them up and candidates for MPs.

They are used to get what they want as kids and they think the rest of the world owes them a living.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              You need to understand the history of UK politics; in particular inbred stupid privileged snotty kids being send to
              schools like Eaton and not having a clue about the real world. The Tories put them up and candidates for MPs.

They are used to get what they want as kids and they think the rest of the world owes them a living.
              It's a pity you didn't go to Eton, they might have taught you how to spell...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                It's a pity you didn't go to Eton, they might have taught you how to spell...
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Why have you posted my picture on the interwebs. I demand you take it down now

Comment

LOL and the current crop of Labour, SNP, et al are any different?

Comment

Working...
                    X