• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smacking to be outlawed in Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smacking to be outlawed in Scotland

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ed-in-scotland

So what drug are we supposed to use to keep them under control?

They'll have to outlaw buckie, fitba and god first.

Comment

If they extend this to adults the missus is going to have to review her business plan.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

We support positive parenting through, for example, funding for family support services.
        So the next time my 3 y.o. pulls down his pants and pees all over the bed and the carpet in front of my eyes while laughing at me shouting "No, don't do it" I should write a check to the family support services?

Comment

Nope rub his nose in it and give him some time out on the step (or removal of favourite toy or whatever)

Just make it clear that doing that again will result in bad things.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
            So the next time my 3 y.o. pulls down his pants and pees all over the bed and the carpet in front of my eyes while laughing at me shouting "No, don't do it" I should write a check to the family support services?
            Write a what?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Write a what?
              Write in Czech I think that should be.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                He is looking for attention. Try giving him some.

Or remove his favourite toy if bad. Or naughty step.

Slapping is the least effective punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Write a what?
                  You are supposed to say pardon.

I guess you did not go to Eton - more like Slough comp.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Nope rub his nose in it and give him some time out on the step (or removal of favourite toy or whatever)

Just make it clear that doing that again will result in bad things.
                    Send him to NLUK's place for 30 minutes. He will be good for the rest of his life.....

Comment

Working...
                    X