PDA

View Full Version : Tory Brexit DOOM™: Goldman Sachs

AtW
19th October 2017, 14:39
Goldman Sachs boss Lloyd Blankfein takes potshot at Brexit by saying he'll be spending more time in Frankfurt

"The head of one of the world's most powerful banks took a deliberate potshot at Brexit via Twitter, saying: "Just left Frankfurt. Great meetings, great weather, really enjoyed it. Good, because I'll be spending a lot more time there. #Brexit""

Goldman Sachs boss Lloyd Blankfein takes potshot at Brexit by saying he'll be spending more time in Frankfurt (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/10/19/goldman-sachs-boss-lloyd-blankfein-takes-potshot-brexit-saying/)

DOOMED™!!!

BlasterBates
19th October 2017, 14:39
:laugh

Great doom post :music:

He's right, the weather in Frankfurt has been fantastic over the week, with bright blue skies and plus 20 temperatures.

northernladyuk
19th October 2017, 14:41
Goldman Sachs boss Lloyd Blankfein takes potshot at Brexit by saying he'll be spending more time in Frankfurt

"The head of one of the world's most powerful banks took a deliberate potshot at Brexit via Twitter, saying: "Just left Frankfurt. Great meetings, great weather, really enjoyed it. Good, because I'll be spending a lot more time there. #Brexit""

Goldman Sachs boss Lloyd Blankfein takes potshot at Brexit by saying he'll be spending more time in Frankfurt (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/10/19/goldman-sachs-boss-lloyd-blankfein-takes-potshot-brexit-saying/)

DOOMED™!!!

Good riddance to bad rubbish. That will mean cheaper office space for PATRIOTIC BRITISH BUSINESSES.

BlasterBates
19th October 2017, 14:43
meanwhile.....

The UK continues to fall apart at the seams under heavy grey skies (http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/857687/brexit-news-theresa-may-speech-eu-nigel-farage-ukip)

shaunbhoy
19th October 2017, 14:44

DOOMED™!!!

One less "Banker" for us to be putting up with!!

AtW
19th October 2017, 14:48
One less "Banker" for us to be putting up with!! :laugh

6000 staff in the city, plus lots of people doing outsourced jobs.

That will show 'em bankers.

northernladyuk
19th October 2017, 14:50
Good riddance to bad rubbish. That will mean cheaper office space for PATRIOTIC BRITISH BUSINESSES.

One less "Banker" for us to be putting up with!!

That's the spirit!

Unless of course "Banker" is now Brexit dog whistle code for the gentleman in question's ethnoreligious origin.

shaunbhoy
19th October 2017, 17:36
6000 staff in the city, plus lots of people doing outsourced jobs.

Few, if any of whom, speak German or even wish to learn.

HTH

:eyes

AtW
19th October 2017, 17:42

So they lose their jobs then! :eyes

6000 * 50k avg salary = £300 mln gone, per annum.

SueEllen
19th October 2017, 17:47

HTH

There are more German speakers in this country than you think. Though I can only tell from their reading material on the tube.

shaunbhoy
19th October 2017, 17:53
So they lose their jobs then! :eyes

6000 * 50k avg salary = £300 mln gone, per annum.

Pah.....we'll get that back every week to give to the NHS...............:igmc:

AtW
19th October 2017, 18:14
Pah.....we'll get that back every week to give to the NHS...............:igmc:

300k jobs lost in the City would about add up to £350 mln per week...

shaunbhoy
19th October 2017, 18:16

Quite possibly, but as it ain't going to happen there seems little point in stressing over it.

Might as well fret about a direct (ELE) asteroid strike which is only marginally less likely.

HTH BIDI

northernladyuk
19th October 2017, 18:19
Quite possibly, but as it ain't going to happen there seems little point in stressing over it.

Might as well fret about a direct (ELE) asteroid strike which is only marginally less likely.

HTH BIDI

With luck you would absorb the impact.

Uncle Albert
19th October 2017, 18:22

HTH

I have never studied German, but a quick look at some of the language resources suggest that German is really not hard for a native English speaker to learn. If my banker bonus depended on a few weeks of intensive language lessons Ich würde sehr schnell Deutsch sprechen.

AtW
19th October 2017, 18:25

HTH BIDI

Oi Mods, make shauny's cretinous post sticky please!

shaunbhoy
19th October 2017, 18:35
I have never studied German, but a quick look at some of the language resources suggest that German is really not hard for a native English speaker to learn.

Indeed. Yet plenty of Americans cannot grasp the basics of English despite it being (allegedly) their native tongue.

And as they are likely to remain the major driving force in world banking for the foreseeable future, it will always matter more that one has English as a first language.

You won't get far in this world assimilating the linguistic ability to simply order Bratwurst mit pommes! :wink

If my banker bonus depended on a few weeks of intensive language lessons Ich würde sehr schnell Deutsch sprechen.

But here's the thing, it never will.

greenlake
19th October 2017, 18:54

If my banker bonus depended on a few weeks of intensive language lessons Ich würde sehr schnell Deutsch sprechen.

Ja, ich bin ein Frankfurter....

http://i.imgur.com/gQNCnlD.jpg

Mordac
19th October 2017, 19:26

DOOMED™!!!

Well, they paid for Remain, looks like they didn't pay enough...:laugh

Mordac
19th October 2017, 19:28

Only under Diane Abbott's math rules...

AtW
19th October 2017, 20:31
Only under Diane Abbott's math rules...

Ever heard of the multiplier effect?

jamesbrown
19th October 2017, 20:42
Ever heard of the multiplier effect?

Is that what happens when the latest Mrs BP heads for the divorce court? Think of a number, raise it to the power of N.

xoggoth
19th October 2017, 21:02
Hmmm. But Peter Hargreaves is pro. Brexit and he probably knows a bit about economics too. Not even experts can predict the future with any certainty.

northernladyuk
19th October 2017, 21:20
Is that what happens when the latest Mrs BP heads for the divorce court? Think of a number, raise it to the power of N.

'The latest next ex Mrs BP' is the preferred nomenclature.

jamesbrown
19th October 2017, 21:28
'The latest next ex Mrs BP' is the preferred nomenclature.

Do we have a database instance to track all this? Perhaps we could hire Suity to maintain the db server, and Scootie to copy/paste some CSV to an Excel bar chart (aka "data mining" to borrow the language of Scootie's CV).

northernladyuk
19th October 2017, 21:49
Do we have a database instance to track all this? Perhaps we could hire Suity to maintain the db server, and Scootie to copy/paste some CSV to an Excel bar chart (aka "data mining" to borrow the language of Scootie's CV).

The Official Receiver is a reasonable place to start for data.

Like your thinking on the dream team. Scoots also gets travel booking and expense admin. Shauny is doing catering. Originalpm and his mum are project managing. Darren is manager of testers. PC is BAU Support and general odd jobs.

jamesbrown
19th October 2017, 22:06
The Official Receiver is a reasonable place to start for data.

Like your thinking on the dream team. Scoots also gets travel booking and expense admin. Shauny is doing catering. Originalpm and his mum are project managing. Darren is manager of testers. PC is BAU Support and general odd jobs.

Excellent, I'd like to propose sas as motivational speaker when the delivery misses all critical deadlines, like "turn on database server", and fails all acceptability tests. Perhaps our BAU support monkey could stretch to data QC too? As in, "this settlement looks too small to be realistic".

Bluenose
19th October 2017, 22:38

DOOMED™!!!

Yep, he will be spending precisely 1 hour 45 minutes longer at Frankfurt airport. Which is the time it takes for his private jet to refuel there on the way to somewhere that does not suck balls.

NigelJK
20th October 2017, 08:32
Being an American listed company, repeatedly prosecuted here and in the states for Criminal activity (https://www.corp-research.org/goldman-sachs), I'd say let the Germans have them.

northernladyuk
20th October 2017, 08:35
Excellent, I'd like to propose sas as motivational speaker when the delivery misses all critical deadlines, like "turn on database server", and fails all acceptability tests. Perhaps our BAU support monkey could stretch to data QC too? As in, "this settlement looks too small to be realistic".

Good. Bagpuss can be in charge of accountancy. Churchill was down to help out, but wants to check first that he won't have to work for Jews.

northernladyuk
20th October 2017, 08:36
Being an American listed company, repeatedly prosecuted here and in the states for Criminal activity (https://www.corp-research.org/goldman-sachs), I'd say let the Germans have them.

Which other companies operating in the UK would you also like to leave?

NigelJK
20th October 2017, 09:20
I'd start with those who trade against the pound, from London, to enrich their paymasters fuelled by huge slush fund payments . If the FCA (and previously FSA) hadn't been so useless they'd have been given their marching orders years (decades) ago.

northernladyuk
20th October 2017, 09:35
I'd start with those who trade against the pound, from London, to enrich their paymasters fuelled by huge slush fund payments . If the FCA (and previously FSA) hadn't been so useless they'd have been given their marching orders years (decades) ago.

Will they be able to trade to back the pound?

NigelJK
20th October 2017, 09:44
Shorting any currency in the country of origin should be outlawed.

northernladyuk
20th October 2017, 09:49
Shorting any currency in the country of origin should be outlawed.

So would you introduce a crime of economic sabotage? What would this achieve, when such trades would just occur in other jurisdictions?

darmstadt
20th October 2017, 10:30

Well that would **** up the Tories, where would they get all their donations from?

NigelJK
20th October 2017, 12:54
They'd have to go back to their roots and start listening to the hardworking, honest, business people and owners.

darmstadt
20th October 2017, 13:26
They'd have to go back to their roots and start listening to the hardworking, honest, business people and owners.

So basically you're saying that the Tories are the party of only business people, **** the workers then?

NigelJK
23rd October 2017, 08:01
Just remind me again of why it is the 'workers' are so important to the wealth of the nation, oh yeah so long as they're working they are contributing to the Treasury. Last time I looked they had the Labour party to cater for their needs.

BrilloPad
23rd October 2017, 10:13
Just remind me again of why it is the 'workers' are so important to the wealth of the nation, oh yeah so long as they're working they are contributing to the Treasury. Last time I looked they had the Labour party to cater for their needs.

Really? I thought Labour only looked after big business.

NigelJK
23rd October 2017, 10:44
I thought a large chunk of their income came from the TUC, with the appropriate levers available to produce their own brand of manifesto commitments?

BrilloPad
23rd October 2017, 10:47
I thought a large chunk of their income came from the TUC, with the appropriate levers available to produce their own brand of manifesto commitments?

They should raise membership to £10 a year minimum. They would get several million Tories who will pick the least electable candidate.

SueEllen
23rd October 2017, 13:39
They should raise membership to £10 a year minimum. They would get several million Tories who will pick the least electable candidate.

And then they would get elected by the rest of the British public.