PDA

View Full Version : Looks like clientco is moving its head office from London to Brussels

sasguru
19th October 2017, 15:05
Entirely due to Brexit. I know it's one of many.

northernladyuk
19th October 2017, 15:10

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/78/f2/9a/78f29a5fe21badfcee3916370f6c1211--retro-poster-vintage-poster.jpg

Mordac
19th October 2017, 15:17

Is there a very good reason for the move? E.g. they are Juncker's preferred wine merchant and will definitely lose that contract unless they move.

northernladyuk
19th October 2017, 15:19
Is there a very good reason for the move? E.g. they are Juncker's preferred wine merchant and will definitely lose that contract unless they move.

Or perhaps they're not deluded cretins like you.

jamesbrown
19th October 2017, 15:23

With such passion, none of your tricks looked at you ever.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/06/27/11/1F63B4E100000578-0-image-a-4_1467022703081.jpg

Mordac
19th October 2017, 15:28

Oh, touched a nerve did we? :wink

BlasterBates
19th October 2017, 15:34
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/19/theresa-may-brexit-britain-brussels

They will talk of “transition” tonight, after she has left the room. Remainers cling to a long “transition” in the hope something will turn up. But listen to business begging for more time and they only want the extra time to move companies across the Channel. Transition is just a longer plank, but we still walk off it in the end.

:laugh absolutely

AtW
19th October 2017, 15:38

If you move early then you'd get better choice of offices and lower leases.

jamesbrown
19th October 2017, 15:46
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/19/theresa-may-brexit-britain-brussels

:laugh absolutely

Did you read AEP in the Telegraph t'other day ("dangerous diplomatic fiction")? He was spot on, I thought.

AtW
19th October 2017, 15:53
If you move early then you'd get better choice of offices and lower leases.

It will also be easier to hire qualified staff and give more time to your local UK staff to sell their shit and evacuate whilst the border is still open.

darmstadt
19th October 2017, 15:54
With such passion, none of your tricks looked at you ever.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/11/14/23/3A60A9E700000578-3935600-David_Davis_the_Secretary_of_State_for_Exiting_the _European_Unio-a-52_1479164851111.jpg

FTFY

AtW
19th October 2017, 15:54
Did you read AEP in the Telegraph t'other day ("dangerous diplomatic fiction")? He was spot on, I thought.

That guy keeps writing same tulip on subject of how EU will break up and also about China, he is like a broken record.

BlasterBates
19th October 2017, 16:05

There is going to be a transition but a lot of companies will still be moving their businesses over to the EU and there will be a worsening recession until as such as point as the government collapses and is replaced by a Labour government that will sign up to a Swiss type deal.

jamesbrown
19th October 2017, 16:21
That guy keeps writing same tulip on subject of how EU will break up and also about China, he is like a broken record.

AEP does write a lot of crap, it's true, but occasional he writes something that isn't a lot of crap.

Much like the average poster on CUK :tongue

jamesbrown
19th October 2017, 16:26
There is going to be a transition but a lot of companies will still be moving their businesses over to the EU and there will be a worsening recession until as such as point as the government collapses and is replaced by a Labour government that will sign up to a Swiss type deal.

Not impossible, although Labour might go for a full sell-out and EEA. I don't think Corbyn actually cares much about the EU. He doesn't like it, but he's mainly interested in being able to do stuff w/r to state aid, vs. being ideologically opposed to the institutions, and I think he'd swallow this if it kept his party more united. I don't think he cares much about trade (deals). :laugh Also, I think most of the electorate have moved on from Brexit. As long as it happens, I don't think a majority really care about the details that much.

AtW
19th October 2017, 16:32
I don't think Corbyn actually cares much about the EU.

Korbyn is Brexiter - his confiscatory policies are best done outside of EU jurisdiction.

jamesbrown
19th October 2017, 16:37
Korbyn is Brexiter - his confiscatory policies are best done outside of EU jurisdiction.

Sure, but it isn't ideological, he just has some silly ideas about state aid and related crap. Any trade organization is going to have rules on state aid, by definition. Witness Bombardier and how Airbus took a stake in the C series to circumvent the problem. A lot of the crap that he wants to do is impossible anyway. Labour's shifting position on the EU is testament to this being a practical issue for comrade Corbyn, not an ideological one.

AtW
19th October 2017, 16:45
Sure, but it isn't ideological, he just has some silly ideas about state aid and related crap

Yeah, it's not ideological - it's only about him taxing the "rich" into oblivion.

jamesbrown
19th October 2017, 16:54
Yeah, it's not ideological - it's only about him taxing the "rich" into oblivion.

I didn't say he had no ideals, just that the EU doesn't really register in his ideals, beyond preventing him doing stuff on state aid (which is prevented by WTO anyway). He's thinking way bigger than the EU w/r to policies that address any person or company that would be so uncomradely as to earn anything more than that of an acceptable comrade.

Mordac
19th October 2017, 16:54

Well he won't be able to confiscate huge sums from the likes of Amazon while we're still in. It's EU rules that see them pay their corp tax in Luxembourg rather than here. One of the hidden benefits of Brexit, everyone will be forced to pay their "fair share". Some will get to pay a "fairer" share than others, mind...

AtW
19th October 2017, 17:02
Well he won't be able to confiscate huge sums from the likes of Amazon while we're still in

He will target stupid Tory voters

northernladyuk
19th October 2017, 17:26

I am sure he was magnificent, but spot on???

shaunbhoy
19th October 2017, 17:32

Don't be ridiculous. Toys R Us is an American Company.

:laugh

northernladyuk
19th October 2017, 18:05
Well he won't be able to confiscate huge sums from the likes of Amazon while we're still in. It's EU rules that see them pay their corp tax in Luxembourg rather than here. One of the hidden benefits of Brexit, everyone will be forced to pay their "fair share". Some will get to pay a "fairer" share than others, mind...

The UK will and up continuing to comply with EU rules.

BlasterBates
19th October 2017, 18:15
Not impossible, although Labour might go for a full sell-out and EEA. I don't think Corbyn actually cares much about the EU. He doesn't like it, but he's mainly interested in being able to do stuff w/r to state aid, vs. being ideologically opposed to the institutions, and I think he'd swallow this if it kept his party more united. I don't think he cares much about trade (deals). :laugh Also, I think most of the electorate have moved on from Brexit. As long as it happens, I don't think a majority really care about the details that much.

That's not what I hear, Brexit voters foaming at the mouth as the bar bill grows.

:D

shaunbhoy
19th October 2017, 18:24
That's not what I hear,

But what YOU hear is defined by the rather salient fact that you have surrounded yourself, abroad, with equally deluded expat Bremainers.

A trip back here to the real world in Blighty paints a very different picture, provided you avoid the retarded little enclaves wherein lie the whining Luddite Remoaner cliques.

HTH

AtW
19th October 2017, 18:32
A trip back here to the real world in Blighty paints a very different picture, provided you avoid the retarded little enclaves wherein lie the whining Luddite Remoaner cliques.

So Remainders are now Luddites, not Brexiters who want to go back in time? :laugh

shaunbhoy
19th October 2017, 18:36
So Remainders are now Luddites,

Remainers have ALWAYS been Luddites. And chicken-hearted ones at that.

HTH BIDI

northernladyuk
19th October 2017, 18:39
Remainers have ALWAYS been Luddites. And chicken-hearted ones at that.

HTH BIDI

You are so drunk. Superb effort!

Mordac
19th October 2017, 19:24
So Remainders are now Luddites, not Brexiters who want to go back in time? :laugh

Well, willingly tying yourself into an undemocratic union where everything gets decided behind closed doors, and people you've never had the chance to vote for tell you what's going to happen, that sounds like going back in time, whereas telling them all to go and do one sort of doesn't.

jamesbrown
19th October 2017, 19:35
That's not what I hear, Brexit voters foaming at the mouth as the bar bill grows.

I think you've lost perspective BB. :D I don't see too many CUK leavers who have a posting history that is <.00001% unrelated to Brexit since circa June 2016. CUK remainers are the new leave ultras. For one, they really, really hate "losing". They're also mainly overseas. :D

Same coin, different side.

You're the yin to John Redwood's yang.

Gnash gnash. :D

Mordac
19th October 2017, 19:40
He will target stupid Tory voters

FFS, do you seriously think we'll be hanging around if he gets in? You need to worry about his currency controls, you won't be able to take your meagre profits out to the EU wonderland, you know...

northernladyuk
19th October 2017, 19:49
I think you've lost perspective BB. :D I don't see too many CUK leavers who have a posting history that is <.00001% unrelated to Brexit since circa June 2016. CUK remainers are the new leave ultras. For one, they really, really hate "losing". They're also mainly overseas. :D

Same coin, different side.

You're the yin to John Redwood's yang.

Gnash gnash. :D

You don't half go on.

BR14
19th October 2017, 19:57
You don't half talk bolloks.

FTFY < i think>

jamesbrown
19th October 2017, 20:07
You don't half go on.

That's rich, you two-bit slag. :D You insert a whine into a Brexit thread almost before it hits the server.

jamesbrown
19th October 2017, 20:09
FTFY < i think>

Hey, I'm on your side, hippo mince. :laugh

Well, sort of.

northernladyuk
19th October 2017, 20:13
That's rich, you two-bit slag. :D You insert a whine into a Brexit thread almost before it hits the server.

There you go again. Brexit Brexit Brexit!

BlasterBates
19th October 2017, 20:19
Ms May looked as though she might have a nervous breakdown at any moment at the European Council meeting this evening. Can't see any movement in the negotiations for the next 6 months at least. Brexiteers queueing up to "foam at the mouth" with Nigel Farage on his show.

Moggy will be taking over James O'Brien's slot next Monday on LBC so definitely looking forward to that.

SueEllen
19th October 2017, 21:03
Ms May looked as though she might have a nervous breakdown at any moment at the European Council meeting this evening. Can't see any movement in the negotiations for the next 6 months at least. Brexiteers queueing up to "foam at the mouth" with Nigel Farage on his show.

Moggy will be taking over James O'Brien's slot next Monday on LBC so definitely looking forward to that.

At least Moggy is polite.

AtW
19th October 2017, 22:38
FFS, do you seriously think we'll be hanging around if he gets in? You need to worry about his currency controls, you won't be able to take your meagre profits out to the EU wonderland, you know...

We'll move HQ to EU and won't BRING IN profits to UK, simples.

NotAllThere
20th October 2017, 05:42
At least Moggy is polite.Mmm. There's been quite a few monstrous people over the years who've been described as polite and charming.

BR14
20th October 2017, 10:20
Hey, I'm on your side, hippo mince. :laugh

Well, sort of.

'snot a matter of sides. most if not all of the stuff spouted on here about brexit is utter bolloks.
and there's absolutely sod all anyone can do to influence the final results, so i fail to see the point of the endless generation of more and more fecking drivel on the subject.

So There.

darmstadt
20th October 2017, 10:32
'snot a matter of sides. most if not all of the stuff spouted on here about brexit is utter bolloks.
and there's absolutely sod all anyone can do to influence the final results, so i fail to see the point of the endless generation of more and more fecking drivel on the subject.

So There.

SR 15,15 CLEAR RETURN CODE
BR 14 RETURN TO CALLER

The code in IEFBR14 is the minimum, although not the most efficient, that will create a 'do nothing' program

northernladyuk
20th October 2017, 10:35

So There.

Never underestimate the value of mocking the cretins who have trashed the country.

BR14
20th October 2017, 10:43
BR 14 RETURN TO CALLER

The code in IEFBR14 is the minimum, although not the most efficient, that will create a 'do nothing' program

gi' yersel' a blue peter badge :yay:

BR14
20th October 2017, 10:45
BR 14 RETURN TO CALLER

and WTF has that got to do with anything?? - you're another bambot like scooter.

northernladyuk
20th October 2017, 10:49
and WTF has that got to do with anything?? - you're another bambot like scooter.

Yes, darmy and scoots are the Remainer cretin faction. Annoying, but a useful interface for communicating with Brexiteers on their own level.

Hobosapien
20th October 2017, 13:02
So cliento is run by europhiles and is threatening to flounce. :rolleyes:

See what they do not what they say. Toys thrown out of the pram yet? :tired

darmstadt
20th October 2017, 13:28
Yes, darmy and scoots are the Remainer cretin faction. Annoying, but a useful interface for communicating with Brexiteers on their own level.

And nlyuk is our gimp, only let out occasionally to play with sb

motoukenin
20th October 2017, 13:30

Wait until they move the Euro currency clearing if you want to see pain

sasguru
20th October 2017, 17:17
So cliento is run by europhiles and is threatening to flounce. :rolleyes:

See what they do not what they say. Toys thrown out of the pram yet? :tired

It's a done deal, happening in March. CEO said in the meeting many factors but the move of the EMA from London is one, uncertainty about access to highly skilled staff is another, size of the market is yet another. He reckons about 30-40% of similar SMES in the HEOR space in London will do the same.

have to say I didn't expect that. Worse than I thought. I'm actually quite stunned.

AtW
20th October 2017, 17:46
have to say I didn't expect that. Worse than I thought. I'm actually quite stunned.

It's only the beginning - won't take long for firms who target mainly UK market to move out too.

SueEllen
20th October 2017, 17:46
It's only the beginning - won't take long for firms who target mainly UK market to move out too.

What country are you moving to?

AtW
20th October 2017, 17:48
What country are you moving to?

Dunno, which one would you like?

:wink

P.S. You need to work on that immune system!

Mordac
20th October 2017, 18:04
It's a done deal, happening in March. CEO said in the meeting many factors but the move of the EMA from London is one, uncertainty about access to highly skilled staff is another, size of the market is yet another. He reckons about 30-40% of similar SMES in the HEOR space in London will do the same.

If you're an indicator, it's a wonder they didn't leave sooner...:wink

shaunbhoy
20th October 2017, 18:22
CEO said in the meeting

You probably got it out of context. It would have been impossible for a knucklehead like you to fully glean matters when you were only in the Boardroom long enough to top up the water jugs. :laugh

Now do regale us with what was said in potwash in the Company Canteen. I suspect you will have had time to get more of a flavour of their perspective.

have to say I didn't expect that..

No....well you have never been terribly dynamic. More of a plodder really.

:eyes

northernladyuk
20th October 2017, 18:25
You probably got it out of context. It would have been impossible for a knucklehead like you to fully glean matters when you were only in the Boardroom long enough to top up the water jugs. :laugh

Now do regale us with what was said in potwash in the Company Canteen. I suspect you will have had time to get more of a flavour of their perspective.

No....well you have never been terribly dynamic. More of a plodder really.

:eyes

Takes you back to Catering Corps days.

shaunbhoy
20th October 2017, 18:29
Takes you back to Catering Corps days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFlUCr42qzI

sasguru
20th October 2017, 19:04
If you're an indicator, it's a wonder they didn't leave sooner...:wink

Doesn't affect me, I work remotely and will continue to do so.
Permies will have to move though if they want t keep their jobs.

shaunbhoy
20th October 2017, 21:36
Doesn't affect me, I work remotely .

A "remote" Janitor. How does that work?

BR14
20th October 2017, 21:45

P.S. You need to work on that immune system!

southern chile ???

greenlake
20th October 2017, 22:03
A "remote" Janitor. How does that work?

http://i.imgur.com/W9ywClz.jpg

Hobosapien
21st October 2017, 07:25

Shit just got real. :smokin

If those in charge want brexit scrapped, they need to get more of these real world affected players to show their hands asap.

Then they can prove that the impact is real and not political posturing.

I wonder what odds Ladbrokes are offering for May to fall on her sword due to brexit negotiation failure, triggering another vote, this time not by the public but by those in charge 'in the public interest', to reverse brexit under the 'promise' of EU reform to also appease other EU member states.

That or May and co capitulate with the 50 billion bribe to stay in the EU while 'out', so the EU can show its members that leaving is not an option, before the anti-EU political parties across Europe get more of a foothold.

SueEllen
21st October 2017, 10:05

Canada.

They have a free trade agreement with the EU unlike what the shit the UK will end up with.

Failing that Denmark. They all look nice and healthy.

AtW
21st October 2017, 11:51
Canada.

They have a free trade agreement with the EU unlike what the tulip the UK will end up with.

Failing that Denmark. They all look nice and healthy.

Canada is like Siberia climate wise - no thanks!

Denmark - rip off car costs

shaunbhoy
21st October 2017, 12:16
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m524/fsavage24/pampers.jpg

Fear not Bremainers...............contingency plans are in place!

northernladyuk
21st October 2017, 14:51
Canada is like Siberia climate wise - no thanks!

Vancouver climate is fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Vancouver

DimPrawn
21st October 2017, 15:14
Vancouver climate is fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Vancouver

Yep. It's the only bit I would consider.