PDA

View Full Version : The worst part about Brixit...

RSoles
21st October 2017, 13:40
.. is that it's killed General.

..and ruined my spelling...

bobspud
21st October 2017, 14:40
I actually think we should create a new Brexit forum and lock the offending parties in it to bicker in purgatory...

Then ban anyone mentioning the B'word in general...

That might revive the site a bit. :(

But you are right no more than about ten of us have really screwed it up :emb

DimPrawn
21st October 2017, 14:44
Maybe a political forum with sub forums:

Brexit
Tories
Korbyn
etc

northernladyuk
21st October 2017, 14:47
I actually think we should create a new Brexit forum and lock the offending parties in it to bicker in purgatory...

It is funny how all the people who were so keen on Brexit would prefer it were no longer mentioned, now that it is clear what an almighty car crash it is.

bobspud
21st October 2017, 14:59
It is funny how all the people who were so keen on Brexit would prefer it were no longer mentioned, now that it is clear what an almighty car crash it is.

No actually I quite like arguing the subject. Its the biggest change in our lifetime and will throw up a lot of material. But General used to have a wide plethora of knob ends in here arguing just about every subject under the sun and now its dwindled down to a grumpy old bunch of drunks that won't change the subject. Face it we have become bad guests and need to take the party elsewhere so some newbies can come and have a go in here...

SunnyInHades
21st October 2017, 15:08
Maybe a political forum with sub forums:

Brexit
Tories
Korbyn
etc

Here a trio of very EU sceptic politicians for starters:

The first with the beard states:
"We need to be very robust against the conditions for the single currency"
"We have a European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anyone .. powers have gone from national parliaments ..
they've haven't gone to the European parliament they've gone to the commission and to some extent the council of ministers .. these are quite serious matters."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZZcq25TTiQ

BrilloPad
21st October 2017, 15:21
Here a trio of very EU sceptic politicians for starters:

The first with the beard states:
"We need to be very robust against the conditions for the single currency"
"We have a European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anyone .. powers have gone from national parliaments ..
they've haven't gone to the European parliament they've gone to the commission and to some extent the council of ministers .. these are quite serious matters."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZZcq25TTiQ

I hate Korbyn. However the video proves nothing. Politicians change their minds all the time. Especially when moving between opposition and government.

northernladyuk
21st October 2017, 15:44
No actually I quite like arguing the subject. Its the biggest change in our lifetime and will throw up a lot of material. But General used to have a wide plethora of knob ends in here arguing just about every subject under the sun and now its dwindled down to a grumpy old bunch of drunks that won't change the subject. Face it we have become bad guests and need to take the party elsewhere so some newbies can come and have a go in here...

You are probably an exception in the Brexiteer camp, as you want Brexit because it will trash the economy (or have I mixed you up with someone else?)

shaunbhoy
21st October 2017, 15:47
have I mixed you up with someone else?

It is a fairly safe bet. You appear to be in a permanent state of confusion and befuddlement over a whole plethora of topics.

Luckily, in General that seldom matters.

:laugh

Lance
21st October 2017, 15:52

you're one of the worst offenders........
As is BP who lacks imagination so much that he even liked this post of yours.

shaunbhoy
21st October 2017, 15:57

:cry3::cry3::cry3:

AtW
21st October 2017, 17:56

Give BP a break - he lost his imagination to his second ex in divorce "settlement"...

bobspud
22nd October 2017, 07:48

Oh yes I’m absolutely starting every thread on the subject...

Actually I’m just not willing to let a bunch of expatriates and a moron have a free run at spreading doom...

OwlHoot
22nd October 2017, 09:48
It is funny how all the people who were so keen on Brexit would prefer it were no longer mentioned, ...

We'd prefer it was no longer mentioned by obsessive Remainers like you, because your incessant whining has become insufferably monotonous and tedious. :tired

OwlHoot
22nd October 2017, 09:49
Oh yes I’m absolutely starting every thread on the subject...

Actually I’m just not willing to let a bunch of expatriates and a moron have a free run at spreading doom...

which raises the interesting question of who is the moron. It's damned hard to tell them apart, but I'm guessing northernladyuk or perhaps sasguru. :D

Mordac
22nd October 2017, 10:20
which raises the interesting question of who is the moron. It's damned hard to tell them apart, but I'm guessing northernladyuk or perhaps sasguru. :D

Got to be Sas. The Northern Tart may be blinkered and annoying, but shows wit on occasion. Not as often as she shows her knickers, mind...:tumble:

shaunbhoy
22nd October 2017, 11:33
Got to be Sas. The Northern Tart may be blinkered and annoying, but shows wit on occasion. Not as often as she shows her knickers, mind...:tumble:

Linky?

I have only seen her produce 50% of that.....

:tongue

Whorty
22nd October 2017, 20:33
We'd prefer it was no longer mentioned by obsessive Remainers like you, because your incessant whining has become insufferably monotonous and tedious. :tired

Truth hurts does it? maybe if you hadn't voted out we wouldn't have to tell you "I told you so"

Whorty
22nd October 2017, 20:36
Linky?

I have only seen her produce 50% of that.....

:tongue

You wouldn't spot wit if it smacked you in the face with a shovel. You seem to think wit is ending every one of your pointless posts with a pointless emoji

shaunbhoy
22nd October 2017, 20:59
You wouldn't spot wit if it smacked you in the face with a shovel. You seem to think wit is ending every one of your pointless posts with a pointless emoji

Just in case there was any lingering doubt about who the "moron" in question actually is.

:laugh

I just need to test it
23rd October 2017, 07:35
.. is that it's killed General.

..and ruined my spelling...

Agree with this.

Though I’ve never really found General to be a nice place. There’s more bickering arseholes in here than I’ve encountered in twenty years of contracting. It’s genuinely remarkable how so many are drawn to the place.

As a rule I prefer self-moderation of forums but with such a high concentration of half-wits I don’t see it working for Brexit. But I will keep popping back every few weeks to see how you’re all doing.

BrilloPad
23rd October 2017, 07:39
Agree with this.

Though I’ve never really found General to be a nice place. There’s more bickering arseholes in here than I’ve encountered in twenty years of contracting. It’s genuinely remarkable how so many are drawn to the place.

As a rule I prefer self-moderation of forums but with such a high concentration of half-wits I don’t see it working for Brexit. But I will keep popping back every few weeks to see how you’re all doing.

I think there were more at NLyUK's last bukkake party.

shaunbhoy
23rd October 2017, 07:44
Agree with this.

Thanks for that. We shall look forward to your visits in the same way we would treat recurring toothache.

:winker:

northernladyuk
23rd October 2017, 08:33
Give BP a break - he lost his imagination to his second ex in divorce "settlement"...

Didn't the Official Receiver repossess it?