• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm TOAST !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm TOAST !

Ok, looks like it's going to be a cold Christmas at Lukemg Towers. Done 6 months, hoping for another 5 (11 month rule) to see me through nicely to a lazy and thanks to climate change a near endless summer. Got 2.5 weeks left, started to ask questions and just been told budget is under discussion but by no means certain, start looking if you want.
    Better than hearing nothing but could well be turfed out into the white hot period of recruitment known as the last week before Christmas. Feck time to hit jobserve and cwjobs !
    Anyone need a Service Del Manager, will work for food...(and a small contrib to expenses)

BBC at White City were looking for Service Delivery Managers (around 400 - 420 per day) a short while ago. Don't know if they still are tho.

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
      BBC at White City were looking for Service Delivery Managers (around 400 - 420 per day) a short while ago. Don't know if they still are tho.
      I was looking at a role with the BBC a couple of months ago but they were refusing point blank to agree to an IR35 complient contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
        I was looking at a role with the BBC a couple of months ago but they were refusing point blank to agree to an IR35 complient contract.
        Wouldn't even give one to Michael Grade, so he walked.

Comment

Comment

"Wouldn't even give one to Michael Grade, so he walked."

I liked the way the beeb made this a headline story. How many times have we had headline breaking news about a change at the top of any other organisation?

Nothing like blowing your own trumpet and hyping yourself up a bit!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Just got stuck into Jobserve, got the familiar rush of adrenaline, I absolutely love playing this game. Nothing better than the call saying you win, they want you. Of course actually going in to do the job is always a major letdown...

Comment

my finger is on the button

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                  "Wouldn't even give one to Michael Grade, so he walked."

I liked the way the beeb made this a headline story. How many times have we had headline breaking news about a change at the top of any other organisation?

Nothing like blowing your own trumpet and hyping yourself up a bit!
                  Hardly blowing their own trumpet though, was it? They might as well have said "We're so tulip, our boss is off to ITV!"
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Bollocks

Comment

Working...
                    X