• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My lunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lunch

I had a rare lunch today with a friend of mine with whom we worked for a Top 10 (in 2000) .COM in the UK, and we had discussed how modern websites should be done.

He basically said that good chaps use Notepad, but the guy at the next table who was wearing full suit with a bow tie (looking like a typical manager) but reading low-brow The Sun paper objected and said the only way forward is using FrontPage and that's final: he also theatened to fire us both on the spot if we ever turn up in his company.

The food was rubbish too.

Originally posted by AtW
    I had a rare lunch today of mine with whom we worked for a Top 10 (in 2000) .COM in the UK, and we had discussed how modern websites should be done.

He basically said that good chaps use Notepad, but the guy at the next table who was wearing full suit with a bow tie (looking like a typical manager) but reading low-brow The Sun paper objected and said the only way forward is using FrontPage and that's final: he also theatened to fire us both on the spot if we ever turn up in his company.

The food was rubbish too.
    "with a friend" = the friend
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Alexi

Was is rare because it was with a friend or was it a rare friend you were having lunch with ?

Comment

I was paid £65 p/h for 18 months (starting mid 2001) to develop an intranet using Frontpage.

I've never been paid to do the same with Notepad.

Comment

If ever I see a job for me that involves writing online content, it asks for tools like DreamWeaver, Frontpage, RoboHelp - but never Notepad. I only ever use Notepad for quick hacks.

Comment

Working...
          X