• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOOM! First Extension = Nailed.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOM! First Extension = Nailed.

For anyone who's been following my occasionally hap-hazard newbie posts, I've finally received the paperwork through to extend my first contract by 3 months into early February :-) I did have a telephone interview for a very exciting role in Canary Wharf but, unfortunately I wasn't successful. To be fair with the events going on in my personal life at the moment extension with clientco is probably the best outcome anyway and it took a potentially awkward decision out of my hands.

Thanks to everyone for your advice in these early days of my contracting jaunt; your input has no doubt helped me conduct myself in a way that has lead to this extension.

Well done
    Last edited by northernladuk; 30 October 2017, 12:59.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
      For anyone who's been following my occasionally hap-hazard newbie posts, I've finally received the paperwork through to extend my first contract by 3 months into early February :-) I did have a telephone interview for a very exciting role in Canary Wharf but, unfortunately I wasn't successful. To be fair with the events going on in my personal life at the moment extension with clientco is probably the best outcome anyway and it took a potentially awkward decision out of my hands.

Thanks to everyone for your advice in these early days of my contracting jaunt; your input has no doubt helped me conduct myself in a way that has lead to this extension.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Booms in General but well done anyway

So we have to be nice to the OP......

Comment

Balls. Well, I know where to put it next time! Maybe Cojak could move it? Although posting a thread in the wrong forum and then asking for it too be moved is quite possibly a days gag?!

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
          Balls. Well, I know where to put it next time! Maybe Cojak could move it? Although posting a thread in the wrong forum and then asking for it too be moved is quite possibly a days gag?!

Cojak? Other mods are available.

You need to try a more banana-friendly mod...

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

congrats
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Well done, exciting interviews in Canary Wharf usually don't work out.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'll bare that in mind next time I have an interview lined up over that way!

Comment

[NLUK Mode]

It's the second extension that's the hardest...

[/NLUK Mode]

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    It's the second extension that's the hardest...
                    Not IME, the second extension isn't as hard as the first, and as you get older, it takes longer to achieve.

Comment

Working...
                    X