• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2017 state of the market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 state of the market

Morning,

Just a quick question on how 2017 has been for everyone regarding finding work?

I finished a role end of September and was fortunate enough to pick up a 6 month one rather quickly (Found through a friend rather than agency), I'll be be going for a mortgage next year (2 years accounts) so I was intrigued to understand the market this year and if it's picking up/slowing down.

I'm in the IT industry (Development)

Thanks.

That means as much as how long is a piece of string. A front-end developer with AngularJS skills in London is in a different market from an embedded C developer in Glasgow.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by equinox View Post
      Morning,

Just a quick question on how 2017 has been for everyone regarding finding work?

I finished a role end of September and was fortunate enough to pick up a 6 month one rather quickly (Found through a friend rather than agency), I'll be be going for a mortgage next year (2 years accounts) so I was intrigued to understand the market this year and if it's picking up/slowing down.

I'm in the IT industry (Development)

Thanks.
      I have no trouble finding work, but I am flexible on which shift I am on. Today I am on early's so I have to top up the ketchup and barbecue sauce dispensers prior to getting the hash-browns out the freezer and frying eggs.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        That means as much as how long is a piece of string. A front-end developer with AngularJS skills in London is in a different market from an embedded C developer in Glasgow.
        Full stack.

C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, AngularJS.

Location I am rather flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by equinox View Post
          Full stack.

C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, AngularJS.

Location I am rather flexible.
          AngularJS is a bit dated, you need to add TypeScript and Angular4 and .NET Core to the list. Apart from that you should be fine.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            AngularJS is a bit dated, you need to add TypeScript and Angular4 and .NET Core to the list. Apart from that you should be fine.

HTH BIDI
            Yes, constructive comment so thank you. I'd go with Angular and Typescript 100% for a greenfield project.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              I have no trouble finding work, but I am flexible on which shift I am on. Today I am on early's so I have to top up the ketchup and barbecue sauce dispensers prior to getting the hash-browns out the freezer and frying eggs.
              Wrong login? Sounds like SAS.

Comment

I just got a call about a security cleared job in Croydon (wherever the **** that is!).

Does it mean the security cleared sector is booming or as flat as a witches tit?

Comment

Is the UK contracting market starting to experience the pre-Brexit slowdown or is that still to come?

Comment

Its gone flat a bit with all the Brexit noise.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X