• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In other news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news

Gay players in Football Manager 2018

For those of you that cannot be bothered to read the article it is now possible for your 'youth' players to come out as gay in champ manager 2018.

Which is fine if that is what is felt is needed.

However as a game mechanic the main difference is that it increase revenue for your club apparently due to extra interest from the LGBT community.

Problem is though as any gamer knows in order to win especially at higher levels you have to make use of every advantage you can - and the extra dollar from having all your players coming out as gay will be useful.

The interesting thing is prior to this a players sexuality just did not even figure as a thing (after all it is really just spreadsheet football) not sure if this is a win for the gay community or just tokenism.

What do you lot think?

pure tokenism

haven't played football manager for about 5 years, and it was too hard then

can you still do the DB Editor feature?

if so can you also have Trans / non-binary players too? need to capture the whole spectrum of the LGBTQAXIxxxxxx community

Comment

What about asexual people?

Does it cover people who just don't feel the urge to screw anything?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        What about asexual people?

Does it cover people who just don't feel the urge to screw anything?
        Well no - it only seems to cover 'standard gayism'

Comment

Dunno why it's relevant. I recently signed up for a volunteer role and was asked to state my sexuality on the form. If it was helping out at a scout group or something I could understand it, but repairing footpaths??
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Dunno why it's relevant. I recently signed up for a volunteer role and was asked to state my sexuality on the form. If it was helping out at a scout group or something I could understand it, but repairing footpaths??
            Bloody Community Service...

Comment

Why should it matter if you are helping out with a scout group and you are gay or straight

The scouts are all pretty much under the age of consent and so any form of physical sexual contact is not an option anyway.

Comment

Cos they want to ensure their adverts for volunteers are not only being seen by white heterosexual cis-men of a certain age.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

In other news

Football is a sport where last I checked there had been 2 openly gay professional footballers. Ever. Worldwide. And one of them commuted suicide.
                  Given that gayness is around 2% to 5% (depending on who’s source (or sauce ) you use) then footballers are clearly one of the most closeted professions.
                  Whether a computer game exclusively played by people unlikely to become professional footballers will change anything seems a little remote.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    Football is a sport where last I checked there had been 2 openly gay professional footballers. Ever. Worldwide. And one of them commuted suicide.
                    Given that gayness is around 2% to 5% (depending on who’s source (or sauce ) you use) then footballers are clearly one of the most closeted professions.
                    Whether a computer game exclusively played by people unlikely to become professional footballers will change anything seems a little remote.
                    The idea is to stop fans being homophobic so more football players can leave the closet.

However as actors who are in a profession where being gay is not surprising won't leave the closet, why should footballers?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X