• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone wanna job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone wanna job?

got this beauty today:

Hi,

Hope you are well and sorry for the interruption.

We have recently been given a requirement from a client in Iraq. We are looking to recruit a Siemens core engineer with experience in mcs-s sr13. The contract is for 4 – 6 weeks based in Bagdad. The package would include US$1000 per day, accommodation, security and transportation. The start date is almost immediate.

If you feel you have the experience and are willing to travel to Bagdad please reply as soon as possible.
    I don't even know wtf mcs-s sr13 is, but it sounds scary.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Originally posted by snaw
    got this beauty today:

mcs-s sr13=

mad khunts shooting -shooting & shooting run 13 miles

HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

got this beauty today:

I know what Siemens Core is, but 'mcs-s sr13' is meaningless AFIAK.

Maybe the agent made it up for a joke, or had a grand mal seizure over his keyboard as he typed the ad.

Anyway $1000 a day and all the bombs and bullets you can eat. Who could refuse?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

got this beauty today:

You know, all this rubbish about violence in Iraq is simply not true. I've not seen any of it and I was only there myself a few weeks ago.

In fact, now that the Iraqi people have successfully embraced a western-style democracy, thanks to brave decisions I made a few years ago, it has become a safe and vibrant country.

Our troops will be home by Christmas.

Comment

Comment

No. 2008 on my clock at the moment?

Comment

Tony, you might like to know that your wife has turned into a 40yo Russian virgin male, who cannot afford a house.

HTH.

ps Pauline Fowler is lying about her brain tumour.

Comment

got this beauty today:

You'd be crazy not to take it.

1000 US dollars is about 23,000 pounds stirling, which is a small fortune. It would only take you 12 days to earn a million!

The Iraqi people all have total respect for the British for liberating them and will welcome you with open arms.

Also, it is nearly summer over there so it will be like working on the beach, and I've heard that Iraqi wine is some of the finest in the world.

It sounds so good I'd go myself if I didn't have such an important job to do here.

You'd be crazy not to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                  ps Pauline Fowler is lying about her brain tumour.
                  I used to drink in the same pub as her (Wendy Richard) throughout the early part of the 1990s.

She was there most nights propping up the bar of the Windsor Castle in Crawford Place, Paddington, with her cronies. Rarely bought a drink!

George Best (on his first liver) used to pitch up there too, and on occasions Joe Brown - possibly the most irritating professional cockney git ever.

Yes there was a piano, and there were occasional sing-songs

If anyone deserves a brain tumour it's her.
                  Last edited by bogeyman; 28 November 2006, 20:26.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                    Tony, you might like to know that your wife has turned into a 40yo Russian virgin male, who cannot afford a house.
                    Well, she certainly can't afford the house, and nor can I!

I don't know what you mean about Russians though. Is this something to do with the spy who just died of natural causes?

Comment

Working...
                    X