• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where did all the accountants go ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did all the accountants go ?

I cannot help noticing that the number of accountants posting has fallen rather dramatically. Is the tax return business really so big ?

Where are you all ?

Hi Mark

Apologies for the lack of posts on the board...it's tax season & I think we're all a little busy for the next couple of weeks!

Comment

Not the time to be posting tax return questions then.

Comment

Hello

I'm sure that any tax questions will be answered....personally, have managed to clear off just about all outstanding returns, just a couple of stragglers. :rolleyes

Comment

Tax Returns

January is without any shadow of doubt the busiest time of year for accountants in practice so you may well notice a lack of posts this month!

Comment

Re: Tax Returns

Best to avoid both personal tax and tax return work of any kind I find.

I stick to corporates and tax advice only.

That way you don't have any Jan deadline, or any deadline hassles at all.

Comment

> Best to avoid both personal tax
              I certainly try to avoid as much of it as possible

On accountants posting ...
              I suspect that the removal of sigs (which usually carried links or email addresses) has also removed some of the incentive to post - it's a drag added them manually to every post.

Comment

I suppose that could be a reason - most times though the whole idea behind coming here to post is to get the name better known which is easy enough via the name.

Once people like what you do/say they will be able to find us easy enough.

Comment

Sigs etc

Well Simon, your ezboard profile contains an email address for anyone wishing to contact you - and you could fill in the "personal link" field if you wanted - so things are not so bad !

Comment

Working...
                  X