• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: Chancellor's writing reveals his judgment is flawed, say Tories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear: Chancellor's writing reveals his judgment is flawed, say Tories

Chancellor's writing reveals his judgment is flawed, say Tories
    Gerg Hurst, Political Correspondent

Relations between Gordon Brown and his Conservative shadow reached new depths of animosity yesterday after the Tories cited handwriting analysis claiming that the Chancellor’s judgment is flawed.

George Osborne, the Shadow Chancellor, said that he had hired a handwriting expert to analyse Mr Brown’s character — and the conclusions were far from flattering.

It was Mr Osborne’s revenge for a typically ferocious assault on the Conservatives’ economic policy launched by the Chancellor when the two clashed in the House of Commons last month.

Mr Brown taunted the Tories over a document published on the party’s website, apparently indicating that a policy group headed by John Redwood, the right-wing Conservative MP and former leadership challenger, wanted to abolish consumer protection for mortgages, pensions, insurance and credit cards.

During the excitement of their clash at Treasury Questions in the Commons, Mr Brown hurled a document from the Conservative’s policy group across the dispatch box at the Shadow Chancellor.

To the delight of Mr Osborne, once the hubbub had subsided he noticed that the Chancellor had jotted some brief handwritten notes on the document in his characteristic giant, markerpen scrawl.

Although amounting to just 14 words, the Conservatives believed that they had enough to extract their revenge and gave the note, without identifying its author, to Sarah Mooney, principal of the London College of Graphology.

Ms Mooney’s considered opinion ran thus: “The writer is not shy. The writer shows unreliable and poor judgment. The writer was not in control of their emotions and instincts at the time of writing.

“There are signs that the writer is someone who does not like to give a clear-cut image of himself. There are signs that the writer can be evasive.

She was careful to say that the sample of 14 words, with no signature, was insufficient information on which to base a graphological analysis of the handwriting.

But the professional opinion she did give carried echoes of the infamous criticism of Mr Brown, made anonymously during a period of his episodic feuds with Mr Blair in 1998 but widely attributed to Alastair Campbell, that he had “psychological flaws”.

The words themselves appeared to be prompting notes scribbled by Mr Brown while sitting on the front bench in the Commons waiting for his moment to launch his attack on the Conservatives.

In large writing, in capital letters, he wrote: “SOME HAVE [illegible] + PENSIONS / MORTGAGES / INSURANCE / SHARES / BANKING”.

Two months ago Mr Osborne triggered a row when he joked at a fringe meeting at the Conservative Party conference that the Chancellor was autistic.

------------

Now, come to think of it - I had to use handwriting on the info sheet for my citizenship application explaining that my fixed penalty for "spee."(crossed out) exceeding speed limit was mistake of a young driver...hope that will not be misinterpreted!

Gordon Brown is a bit strange. His sudden conversion from taciturn chancellor to baby-kissing monster now he's lined up for PM is chilling.

Comment

WTF are the Tories using this new age quackery? The world has gone mad I tell you.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's his fake smile that gets me. He goes from dour misrerable fecker to a big toothy grin and back again in the blink of an eye. And that thing he does with his jaw when he is talking and has to take a breath - watch him next time he is talking on the telly.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Looks honest enough to me: http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/election...andbaby200.jpg

Comment

Which one, browns expression or that on the kids face having that big scary fecker up behind him.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Another crippling blow by the Tory party
              I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

I agree - why not focus on what the dozy fat get has actually done to our economy with his enron style accounting and put it in terms that the sun reader can understand.

Show how 'things can only get better' have actually got worse in a great many respects.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

It's only Enron if you get caught, and also unlike Enron Mr Brown makes his own laws according to which he is an angel.

HTH

Comment

I will destroy you.

Comment

Working...
                    X