• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Restrictive Covenants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restrictive Covenants

I need to ask this on a property law forum but CBA to find one and register at the moment so testing the water here instead.

Bottom line is how enforceable are restrictive covenants put in the deeds of a property by a developer that has gone bust?

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I need to ask this on a property law forum but CBA to find one and register at the moment so testing the water here instead.

Bottom line is how enforceable are restrictive covenants put in the deeds of a property by a developer that has gone bust?
    So it's not necessarily the bust builder who can raise objections, it's your neighbours or whoever took over from that builder (if anyone did).

If they've gone bust, take out indemnity insurance

Here
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Other people can enforce them.

What sort of restrictive covenant is it?

Comment

Have you asked your accountant?

Comment

I think NLyUK is an expert on restrictive covens.

Comment

google gives me Conquering restrictive Covenants | Harrison Drury as a first post.

Hint they can still be relevant but may not be legal in the first place. Find your deeds and find a lawyer...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Other people can enforce them.

What sort of restrictive covenant is it?
              No vans or commercial vehicles. Was thinking of getting a pick up. Not even sure it qualifies as a van so may not be an issue.

Comment

If a covenant is on the deeds, there's fairly close to nothing you can do about it. I'm guessing this is about "change of use" of some sort?
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  So it's not necessarily the bust builder who can raise objections, it's your neighbours or whoever took over from that builder (if anyone did).

If they've gone bust, take out indemnity insurance

Here
                  Yes, the neighbours. One of whom is a tub thumping, interfering old bint so if there's something to complain about, she'll complain.

Comment

No vans or commercial vehicles. Was thinking of getting a pick up. Not even sure it qualifies as a van so may not be an issue.
                    That's there really to stop white van men, box vans, taxis and the like. Means there will be less issue with burglary and issues with insurance of business stuff. You normal pickup family vehicle should be OK.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X