• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The weekend thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weekend thread

So it's Friday - what's everyone doing for the next 2 days....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Drinking, stripping and setting tulip afire.

TFA. Yerself?

Comment

Quiz night tonight.

Visiting Barnstaple to pick up a new pair of gig lamps. I asked why they can't just post them, but apparently it is essential to try them on first, in case the ear hooks need adjusting by a millionth of an inch or something.

Last bit of weeding for the year in the garden.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Hockey training later tonight, trying to write some more of my grandads Tribute before that.

Saturday out for firework night and then I think I've been roped into going in to town after, send help.

Sunday - morning run, roast in the afternoon, hockey training with my other team in the evening (first attempt at two training sessions in a week since my concussion - quite excited.)

Comment

Bonfire tonight
          Tidy up after bonfire tomorrow
          Maybe a bit of gardening (need to get the garlic in)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFA

Got man flu so WFH today and taking it easy tomorrow.

Sunday, going to watch the London to Brighton Veteran run with The Bentley Boys.

You?
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

TFA

I am actually doing something rather inneresting this weekend

Off to Mangotsfield Community Centre for a book launch by local amateur historian, Martin Habbage, entitled "Ring Road - life on the A1474". Martin has spent the past 5 years documenting life among the communities that lie on the path of the Bristol Ring Road.

I really hope it's a success. Five years ago, Martin was branch manger of Co-Op Food in Shirehampton.

He lives in a car now.
              Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 3 November 2017, 14:23.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                Hockey training later tonight, trying to write some more of my grandads Tribute before that.

Saturday out for firework night and then I think I've been roped into going in to town after, send help.

Sunday - morning run, roast in the afternoon, hockey training with my other team in the evening (first attempt at two training sessions in a week since my concussion - quite excited.)
                Hockey? Is that like gay Hurling?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Hockey? Is that like gay Hurling?
                  Not the Ice variety it isn't!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    Not the Ice variety it isn't!!!
                    Quite right; it is Ice Hockey and it certainly isn't like gay hurling

Comment

Working...
                    X