• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Der Schnee ist kommen!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Der Schnee ist kommen!

Brace yourselves...

Better get the tyres changed over quick pronto, several days of snow forecast. Where's me skis?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Ya nenavizhu sneg.

Got caught in a proper blizzard once, and i mean proper, couldn’t see a thing apart from white.

Next day it was four foot deep, piled high on the pavement and all turned to slutch.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Der Schnee ist kommen kommt!
      FTFY
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Der Schnee ist kommen!
        This is wrong scooter, how long do you live in Germany? Correct sentence would be Der Schnee ist gekommen.

Or Der Schnee wird kommen (if it's future tence) or Der Schnee kommt as NotAllThere says if the arrival is imminent

Comment

In summary:

Der Schnee ist gekommen - The snow has come
          Der Schnee wird kommen - The snow is coming
          Der Schnee kommt - Snow is imminent.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Brace yourselves...

Better get the tyres changed over quick pronto, several days of snow forecast. Where's me skis?
            Saw that article in the Daily Mail a day or two ago. But according to the Met Office seven day forecast, it'll be 9 degrees or more all week in Devon
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Well I hope it has filled it's paperwork in otherwise it won't be let in.

Oh wait no that's not true is it!

Comment

Brace yourselves...

Amateur.

M&S tyres on. Chains ready to be thrown in.
                Winter driving kit in the car

2 pairs of my skis are waxed and ready to go, third pair I haven't looked at in years and probably need a polish. The Wife's (tm) skis are also waxed and ready. Was just saying to her last night I need to get my boots and and make sure they are set up OK, if not I'll have to make a trip up to Bicester to the best boot fitter (and best running shoe fitter) in the UK
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Amateur.

M&S tyres on. Chains ready to be thrown in.
                  Winter driving kit in the car

2 pairs of my skis are waxed and ready to go, third pair I haven't looked at in years and probably need a polish. The Wife's (tm) skis are also waxed and ready. Was just saying to her last night I need to get my boots and and make sure they are set up OK, if not I'll have to make a trip up to Bicester to the best boot fitter (and best running shoe fitter) in the UK
                  Marks and Spencer do tyres??

Whatever next.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    The Wife's (tm) skis are also waxed and ready
                    Just her skis?

Comment

Working...
                    X