• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Workwear as an Allowable Expense

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workwear as an Allowable Expense

Yes, I know this has been done before and normally the answer is no but I think I can claim extenuating circumstances given my current situation.

New contractor that has joined us wears a Visual Studio tracksuit. Quite snazzy it is with the splashscreen emplazoned all over the front and I like the way all the API methods are printed down the sleeves - a bit like how a F1 driver has badges of various oil brands and tyre makes all over his outfit.

Anyhow, as this contractor is our new scrum master, he's suggested we all invest in one as he wants to promote a more "sports team" like environment and have us all jump to it and get over to the whiteboard table at the prompt of "ok guys, timeout".

Would this be allowable?

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Yes, I know this has been done before and normally the answer is no but I think I can claim extenuating circumstances given my current situation.

New contractor that has joined us wears a Visual Studio tracksuit. Quite snazzy it is with the splashscreen emplazoned all over the front and I like the way all the API methods are printed down the sleeves - a bit like how a F1 driver has badges of various oil brands and tyre makes all over his outfit.

Anyhow, as this contractor is our new scrum master, he's suggested we all invest in one as he wants to promote a more "sports team" like environment and have us all jump to it and get over to the whiteboard table at the prompt of "ok guys, timeout".

Would this be allowable?
    Will it fit over your corporate gimp suit?

Comment

Usual test isn't it? If it's sole purpose is for business use then yes; if it is a requirement for your gig then it's allowable. Clearly you aren't going to be wearing that anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
        Usual test isn't it? If it's sole purpose is for business use then yes; if it is a requirement for your gig then it's allowable. Clearly you aren't going to be wearing that anywhere else.
        If it's a requirement for the gig, that suggests Direction and Control. If there is no Direction and Control, then that suggests it's not a requirement for the gig.

Comment

I don't know, I'll probably wear it on pub evenings with my SQL Bristol Meetup.com group.

Comment

Lucky this is in General hey
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Would this be allowable?
              I'm genuinely impressed by this post, well done.

Comment

Would this be allowable?
                are you serious????? FFS!
                i'd tell the 'scrum master' to feck off.
                what utter bolloks

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  I'm genuinely impressed by this post, well done.
                  Me too. Most excellent. Does he ride a Brompton to get his smashed avocado on toast?
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    Me too. Most excellent. Does he ride a Brompton to get his smashed avocado on toast?
                    Yes..Exactly...
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X