• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shop for mortgage deals?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop for mortgage deals?

Are people on tracker mortgages moving fast to snap up fixed-rate deals before all the banks catch up with the interest rate change? Or realistically will we not see a direct correlation?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I have just re-mortgaged to another tracker rate and not fixed. This was a conscious decision on the basis that rates will go up very gradually and my tracker is over the period likely be cheaper all in than having fixed. Obviously no one really knows, but I hope there is some logic in my thinking somewhere.

Comment

Sticking with the tracker, although might pay it off sooner
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What’s a mortgage?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Are people on tracker mortgages moving fast to snap up fixed-rate deals before all the banks catch up with the interest rate change? Or realistically will we not see a direct correlation?
          Yup. Signed my 5 year fixed deal yesterday before they can start passing it on.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 8 November 2017, 15:20.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Where in the process of moving now pretty much payed my current mortgage off and am jumping back in. Locked in a 5 year deal. I may regret it. Brexit etc,etc

Comment

I will just pay the mortgage off. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                I will just pay the mortgage off. Problem solved.
                But then you live in that back end of no where where houses are a couple of thousand quid. If you actually lived where you were born you wouldn't say that tulip.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  But then you live in that back end of no where where houses are a couple of thousand quid. If you actually lived where you were born you wouldn't say that tulip.
                  If I lived where I was born, I'd have a mansion with a couple of hectares of land. Actually, let's face it, if I lived almost anywhere apart from leafy Surrey, I could afford more house and more land.
                  (I only know this because while we love where we are, my wife has started to look at houses in Devon & Dorset. Initially it was as a holiday home, but she now appears to be thinking bigger)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This will be question for my advisor anyway, but we've just finished our fixed rate and dropped onto the provider's SVR (4.7 ouch) - trouble is we're trying to move house (have buyer) but struggling to find the right house for us (very picky).

I don't think we'll find anything till the Spring now so wondering about the feasibility over remortgaging the current place onto a discount tracker with no lock-in period in the meantime.

Depends how long it takes us to find somewhere I suppose as to whether it's financially worth the hassle.
                    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                    X