• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

crap week and its only wednesday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crap week and its only wednesday

what a crap week -
    My son just had his MMR and is having the worst of the symptoms. Fever, rash, tiredness, tantrums, convulsions. Great weekend of non-sleep. Oh and I was home on Monday also caring for him so no income for that day.
    Pick up my "new" 1998 passat only to find the radio does not work properly. Drives nice luckily so its enjoyable. Little bits and pieces are loose - as most likely their 7y/o is allowed to roam freely in the car whilst driving.
    Get home and whoa! the shower has decided to spring a leak and its peeling the wallpaper off the ceiling below. The carpet in the main bedroom is completely soaked. I had to go up into the loft shut off the tank feeds to the shower.....sigh...most likely I'll have to stay at home again.
    And my wife's silly cousin is visiting and he has the most annoying habits...like he smokes in the bathroom when we're not home. As if when we get home we can't smell.....

Someone please tell me they've had worse.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

I had a great day
    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

It could have been worse, you could have been banned from CUK !

Comment

Going to be judged by an Immigration Tribunal on Friday, on the basis that I'm an "undesirable" scum that needs to "get the fek out of here"...
        That's the benefit of becoming an EU citizen after 1st January 2007...
        The rest is silence...

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor
          Going to be judged by an Immigration Tribunal on Friday, on the basis that I'm an "undesirable" scum that needs to "get the fek out of here"...

Crumbs, Vicktor, what happened ?

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor
            Please close the door on your way out
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              Please close the door on your way out
              Troll: Thanks for your traditional warm welcome...

Lucy: It's a long story, seems that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Great Home Office decided that I deserve to go because I didn't pay the Corp Tax, hence "I'm not established in business in UK". How can I pay CP now when I started the company in October 2005 seems a long question for The Secretary of State.
              So now I am called for trial in front of the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal, with one month to go till I become an EU citizen, but one without work rights, just self-employment.
              Ironically, I never intended to be employed by someone in the UK...
              The rest is silence...

Comment

I don't know what to say.

I wish I could help you in some way.

When do you have to appear ? Do you have a good brief ?

Where do you come from ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                  I wish I could help you in some way.
                  You can marry Viktor. Like in the movie Green Card.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Lily came out of traction today and should be home by the weekend.

Young bones heal quick

What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X