• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So... to recap... if abuse is not racist then is fine?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... to recap... if abuse is not racist then is fine?

Following the recent ban and the claims that abuse cannot be tolerated on a racist base, I was wondering... how come normal abuse is instead then tolerated? I mean there have been millions of episodes of personal abuse on this board in the past and in recent times. Most of us used to be personally insulted for no reason, Chico constantly depicts non-christians as people without human dignity, on reverse other people constantly abuse Chico because he's a christian, and so on. Yet, this is acceptable but not on sexist or racist base. Isn't abuse just despicable in itself? And shouldn't it be as important as racial or sexual harassment? Aren't we losing the sight of what is ethical in this crazy race to political correctness? Are we going to live in a world were you can only hope in justice if you belong to a protected category? Is the UK going mad? Will java be replaced eventually? Will SKA ever be licensed to at least one company? Will there be a house price crash?

Please, give me the answers.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

There is some kind of military action going on in Fiji, guns aimed at Australian warships, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
      There is some kind of military action going on in Fiji, guns aimed at Australian warships, apparently.
      Wasn't it Fiji that some years ago staged a military coup because they were being swamped with Indians?
      Last edited by Troll; 29 November 2006, 21:14.
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Is hating Italians (Da Vinchi, Columbus (Portugese?) and Francko excluded) racist?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
          Wasn't it Fuji that some years ago staged a military coup because they were being swamped with Indians?

Fuji ? as in Japan ?

No, Fiji, as in the Pacific

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            Following the recent ban and the claims that abuse cannot be tolerated on a racist base, I was wondering... how come normal abuse is instead then tolerated? I mean there have been millions of episodes of personal abuse on this board in the past and in recent times. Most of us used to be personally insulted for no reason, Chico constantly depicts non-christians as people without human dignity, on reverse other people constantly abuse Chico because he's a christian, and so on. Yet, this is acceptable but not on sexist or racist base. Isn't abuse just despicable in itself? And shouldn't it be as important as racial or sexual harassment? Aren't we losing the sight of what is ethical in this crazy race to political correctness? Are we going to live in a world were you can only hope in justice if you belong to a protected category? Is the UK going mad? Will java be replaced eventually? Will SKA ever be licensed to at least one company? Will there be a house price crash?

Please, give me the answers.
            Yes
            Perhaps
            Yes
            Yes
            Perhaps
            No
            Yes

HTH

Next....

Comment

Are you talking about the war Alexi, they did help you, sort of...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                Fuji ? as in Japan ?

No, Fiji, as in the Pacific
                Stockings or tights?....smartarse

Comment

Stockings, always stockings

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    Is hating Italians (Da Vinchi, Columbus (Portugese?) and Francko excluded) racist?
                    you misspelt Da Vinci, Columbus was Italian and Franco was Spaniard. If you want to hate Italians at least make sure that you know who they are
                    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Working...
                    X