• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is a level beyond taking the piss.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a level beyond taking the piss.....

I am going to invest in moon cups......

Tampon tax: How much have you spent? - BBC News

Tampons and Towels are a luxury.

You can use a sanitary belt and reusable sanitary napkins...

apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      I am going to invest in moon cups......

Tampon tax: How much have you spent? - BBC News

One of our friends in Brighton owns that company.

Yep, she has made quite a few quid out of the idea, which is a bloody good one IMO.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        One of our friends in Brighton owns that company.

Yep, she has made quite a few quid out of the idea, which is a bloody good one IMO.
        Yes well done....

Comment

In your lifetime you might spend £1,499.74 on products, £97.77 of which is on VAT.
          Although I appreciate that these are necessities rather than luxury items, £100 over a lifetime doesn't seem to be that much to get worked up over?

Comment

Apparently, the only reason they are not zero-rated is because in the 1970s when joining the EEC the government had to decide products should have vat added. At the time tampons where not considered a necessity.

Comment

Man I was enjoying a coffee before opening this thread.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Apparently, the only reason they are not zero-rated is because in the 1970s when joining the EEC the government had to decide products should have vat added. At the time tampons where not considered a necessity.
                Probably because the civil servants and ministers around at the time didn't know what they were due to the way they were educated.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Although I appreciate that these are necessities rather than luxury items, £100 over a lifetime doesn't seem to be that much to get worked up over?
                  The issue isn't women who can afford them it is the girls and women who can't.

Food banks and homeless shelters actually ask for sanitary products due to the cost.

Oh and the estimate is completely wrong for some woman like me.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    And they were correct.

But it's a bit like saying bog roll is not a necessity as you can use your hand and then wash it.

Comment

Working...
                    X