• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

God, Torygraph and Johnson!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God, Torygraph and Johnson!

I am firmly in the anti-god camp. Never felt able to vote Tory in my life, and think the Torygraph is a rag. Can't stand Boris Johnson.

This column made me think.

Good article for once I am in total agreement with Boris Johnson. If these murderers had understood that all life is sacred, they would not have callously killed a man. Thou shall not kill - why because life is precious. A gift from God. I have respect for Adele for her courage in these difficult times.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

agreed, not personally religious, but support the moral and spiritual values of the Christian faith

Milan.

Comment

He's my MP. He makes a lot more sense than people give him credit for...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by expat
          I am firmly in the anti-god camp. Never felt able to vote Tory in my life, and think the Torygraph is a rag. Can't stand Boris Johnson.

This column made me think.
          He has vowed never to write about the liberal democrats and that makes him good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
            agreed, not personally religious, but support the moral and spiritual values of the Christian faith
            Mormons have better appeal...

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
              He's my MP. He makes a lot more sense than people give him credit for...

A Henley boy hey

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Mormons have better appeal...
                In what way?

My dad dabbled with becoming a mormon when I was about ten. I remember having the "Elders" round every now and again in their smart suits, briefcases, and business cards with their photos on them (unusual in those days). They were more like a business than a religion.

My dad finally decided that giving up fags, booze and giving them 10% of his earnings was a bit too much and kicked them into touch.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  In what way?

My dad dabbled with becoming a mormon when I was about ten. I remember having the "Elders" round every now and again in their smart suits, briefcases, and business cards with their photos on them (unusual in those days). They were more like a business than a religion.

My dad finally decided that giving up fags, booze and giving them 10% of his earnings was a bit too much and kicked them into touch.
                  Did you ever in your youthful rebelliousness question why your dad felt the need to subscribe to an organised religion of any kind?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

My favourite aunt (by marriage), and the only moderately sane memeber of my family was taken in by mormon a holes and I think they are more evil than the Chico "christians".

I am convinced there is some level of brainwashing or large group pressure going on here.

My aunt went from normal human being to temple-going weirdo.

Comment

Working...
                    X