• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London's bridge is falling down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London's bridge is falling down

Front page of The Times
    In a devastating verdict on Tony Blair’s decision to back war in Iraq and his “totally one-sided” relationship with President Bush, a US State Department official has said that Britain’s role as a bridge between America and Europe is now “disappearing before our eyes”.

Kendall Myers, a senior State Department analyst, disclosed that for all Britain’s attempts to influence US policy in recent years, “we typically ignore them and take no notice — it’s a sad business”.

He said on Tuesday that Mr Blair had been left “ruined for all time” by the Iraq war and that if he had “only read a book” on the last British invasion of Iraq in the 1920s, “he might have hesitated”.
    So much for Blair the world statesman.

The denials have started of course, but it's a common perception anyway.

Blair surely won't be EU president now

Comment

He will leave this world a worse place....

Originally posted by AtW
      Blair surely won't be EU president now
      George WayneKerr Bush has got more chance. I always have a little titter when sycophants describe him as looking "stateman like". He looks more like a clueless monkey who can't work out how to open the gate. Except when he stole the Presidency and was inaugurated; then he looked like a smug little pr1ck ("Look at me! I'm the President. You're not the President; I am. I'd better write a thank-you note to Daddy's friends in the Supreme Court").

Comment

Working...
      X