• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Want to become Rocket Scientist...qualifications needed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to become Rocket Scientist...qualifications needed?

Hi all

I am currently contracting within British Aerospace as a General Maintenance Consultant. I would like to make the leap into becoming a Rocket Scientist contractor as they always seem to be in high demand and are paid very well (£100 minimum per hour here.)

My question is - what qualification/s do I need to make this leap? I did not go to university.

I have some rocket building experience from following this:-
    https://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2...ch-mini-rocket

but what qualification do I need to attain?

Many thanks
    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 30 November 2017, 09:56.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

HTML/BB Coding course might help. Just sayin'
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Start at the bottom, with rocket salad tossing.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        HTML/BB Coding course might help. Just sayin'
        I'm sure that will prove most useful.

Thanks for your valuable input
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Hi all

I am currently contracting within British Aerospace as a General Maintenance Consultant. I would like to make the leap into becoming a Rocket Scientist contractor as they always seem to be in high demand and are paid very well (£100 minimum per hour here.)

My question is - what qualification/s do I need to make this leap? I did not go to university.

I have some rocket building experience from following this:-
          https://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2...ch-mini-rocket

but what qualification do I need to attain?

Many thanks
          North Korea offer some excellent apprentice schemes. Plenty of motivational help from senior management and handy if you want to move into cyber security and hacking.

Comment

I'm sure that will prove most useful.

Thanks for your valuable input
            You're welcome. It's not exactly rocket science.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              North Korea offer some excellent apprentice schemes. Plenty of motivational help from senior management and handy if you want to move into cyber security and hacking.
              You rang?

Nothing like enjoying a much needed fag, whilst watching the trajectory onscreen of your recently launched warhead.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You rang?

Nothing like enjoying a much needed fag, whilst watching the trajectory onscreen of your recently launched warhead.

You can take inspiration from that photo, the lad smoking didnt got to university he worked his way up from the son of a dictator to head rocket boss man. He smokes at his desk because he is a real man. You can't see it in the picture but his desk is next to the rocket propellant bucket. He doesn't give an arse about IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  You can take inspiration from that photo, the lad smoking didnt got to university he worked his way up from the son of a dictator to head rocket boss man. He smokes at his desk because he is a real man. You can't see it in the picture but his desk is next to the rocket propellant bucket. He doesn't give an arse about IR35.
                  I have.

He's one of the things that ultimately inspired me.

A great and misunderstood man.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Actually rocket science is not difficult at all, just a few simple maths and physics rules

Comment

Working...
                    X