• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I be my own accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I be my own accountant

Charge my Ltd for it (a very high rate like £500 per month) and deduct from corporation tax?

Yeah, seems a really good idea. In fact, if I were you, I'd charge £1000, you'd be better off.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernLadEU View Post
      Charge my Ltd for it (a very high rate like £500 per month) and deduct from corporation tax?
      Yes (that's the answer you want right?)

There are probably a lot of reasons why you won't want to though.....

Comment

yes but you will need to pay personal tax on it so will [almost certainly] end up paying more than the corporation tax would have been

Comment

Yep, and then you take the £500 a month accountancy fees you earn, and pay tax on them personally. As a plan, its got flaws....
          P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

I'll make my wife accountant she has AAT level 3

Comment

I'll make my wife accountant she has AAT level 3
              that's fine - you could also make her company director or company secretary and pay it as salary for a more easily defend-able explanation

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                that's fine - you could also make her company director or company secretary and pay it as salary for a more easily defend-able explanation
                Absolutely. But he already knows this becasue his wife has an accountancy qualification... Or does he? :
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Accountants

Comment

Sockie banned.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X