• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV Progs and expert pundits.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Progs and expert pundits.

So, the misses is involved with an organisation that was approached by a News programme on a TV channel (trying not to give too much away).

They are after experts in this field to give their views on TV for an investigation made by the news channel. It's actually quite an important subject and affects most people in business.

Anyway, the organisation contacts a person with expertise in this field and puts them forward to the news channel.

But this person complains that the news channel have asked for a load of money so they can appear and be experts.

Now this pisses me off, because when I look at our news channels I assume that they have picked "experts" on merit and look for opposing views. But actually the company that can pay the most gets to put its views out there even on a news channel.

So there you go, I always thought I was cynical but I'm naive. So next time you see an expert on a news channel giving their opinion, ask who is paying for them to appear.

Sounds like a story for Private Eye.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Sounds like a story for Private Eye.
      If I'm honest, I'm just going to moan about it on here and not do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        If I'm honest, I'm just going to moan about it on here and not do anything about it.
        So how much are CUK paying you...?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          So how much are CUK paying you...?
          Well they say if you pay peanuts you get orangutans.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Well they say if you pay peanuts you get LIBRARIANS
            ftfy

Comment

So why do I never get paid by news channels?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                So why do I never get paid by news channels?
                Because you are the news item.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It sounds like a pretty desperate news channel with low viewing ratings.

Is this a Breitbart podcast ?
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    It sounds like a pretty desperate news channel with low viewing ratings.

Is this a Breitbart podcast ?
                    nah its one of the big uns, which makes it more surprising to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X