• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowflake tears... each one is unique

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling millennials snowflakes damages their mental health | Daily Mail Online

oh dear you lot are just mean!

Labelling millennials 'snowflakes' damages their mental health, reveals survey of 16-24 year olds
    The new findings were derived from a survey of 2,022 Brits between those ages
    Almost three quarters of 16-24 year olds believe the moniker is unfair, it found
    The controversial 'snowflake' term is sometimes used to describe young adults
    They are often seen as being prone to taking offence and emotionally vulnerable
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Labelling millennials 'snowflakes' damages their mental health, reveals survey of 16-24 year olds
    The new findings were derived from a survey of 2,022 Brits between those ages
    Almost three quarters of 16-24 year olds believe the moniker is unfair, it found
    The controversial 'snowflake' term is sometimes used to describe young adults
    They are often seen as being prone to taking offence and emotionally vulnerable

Comment

It would be faintly amusing if reading the Daily Mail caused cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ily-mail-spoof

Professor Ineptias revealed a strong tendency for Daily Mail readers to become dependent on it, struggling to go for more than a day without a “fix”.
        The Daily Mail has also caused dependence in those who hate it, with people constantly linking to it due to a sense of outrage, a very rare example of “passive dependence”.
        Reading the Daily Mail has been shown to have a seriously damaging effect on people’s ability to learn new information that isn’t conveyed via hyperbole or exaggeration, or doesn’t put down another group of people in some way.
        On top of this, the Daily Mail often reports that innocuous things cause cancer. But the one link between all of these things is that they are in the Daily Mail. Professor Ineptias argues that this means the Daily Mail itself is a carcinogen.
        Surely this isn't really a spoof because it just rings so true
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Standard classless post from you wishing cancer on people.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Standard classless post from you wishing cancer on people.
            I didn't wish cancer on anyone you classless fool.

Comment

Awwww, the poor ickle lambs... bless...

(on seconds thoughts, bring back National Service, that will toughen them up - kill or cure )
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

16 to 24 year olds DO tend to be emotionally vulnerable. That's why the leading cause of death in this age group is suicide.

But carry on laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  16 to 24 year olds DO tend to be emotionally vulnerable. That's why the leading cause of death in this age group is suicide.

But carry on laughing.
                  I think you will find more important things like traumatic events, uncontrolled hormones and a lack of reality are more of an issue than calling them snowflakes. I can assure you between 16 & 24 I and a few others went through quite a bit of unpleasantness. Being called names was not really high on my problem list.

Do carry on with the virtue signalling. You really care about the snowflakes.
                  Last edited by vetran; 7 December 2017, 21:22. Reason: oh Dear I mucked up
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

. I can assure you between 16 & 24 I and a few others went through quite a bit of unpleasantness. Being called names was not really high on my problem list.
                    on this rare occasion, i wholeheartedly agree

Comment

Working...
                    X