• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All Those Who Didn't Use Mobile Banking Apps...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Those Who Didn't Use Mobile Banking Apps...

you were right to be paranoid.

linky
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Whoops

Comment

I should add I was paranoid.

Then I did work on a couple but not for UK banks. Sorting out the security was a PITA.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        you were right to be paranoid.

linky
        Don't use public wifi for anything secure, which to be fair has been very good advice since the dawn of time. Using 3G or 4G is probably the safest way to do banking online.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I used to use them. But after some on here lost money I deleted the apps.

Comment

You can't blame the app if you've got an HP laptop...

HP laptops found to have hidden keylogger - BBC News
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

All rather awesome .

My security is rather simple, having no online bank account having my bank account registered at another address and being careful with my pin.
              Keeping cards in a lined wallet especially in places like Hong Kong and Singapore

I have travelled widely and have used my cards everywhere, including a lot online.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I spend the money as fast possible, so they can't steal it and prop up the economy also - no need to thank me.

Comment

Only ever online at home via lappy and secure browser, just couldn't think of anything worse than doing your banking on your phone via public wifi.

And I've seen many people doing it, both M/F and young/old.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    You can't blame the app if you've got an HP laptop...

HP laptops found to have hidden keylogger - BBC News
                    patch applied...

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I spend the money as fast possible, so they can't steal it and prop up the economy also - no need to thank me.
                    If you'd posted something like that earlier, I'd have voted for you as poster of the year.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X