• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kicking Off on the Train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicking Off on the Train

Ah, the joy of the London Over ground, less than 15 minutes in and there has been two incidents between passengers already.

One guy was involved in both

#lovechristmas
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Interesting.

I find a lot of the London Overground passengers I travel with cyclists or noisy Eastern Europeans and Somalians. The Somalians tend to be women loudly telling off their sheepish looking children.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Interesting.

I find a lot of the London Overground passengers I travel with cyclists or noisy Eastern Europeans and Somalians. The Somalians tend to be women loudly telling off their sheepish looking children.
      Usual story, one guy wouldn't move back for anyone.
      First stop him and a young lad had words, 2nd stop the same guy was shouted at by a woman.

I was between the carriages openly laughing, much to others shock
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Usual story, one guy wouldn't move back for anyone.
        First stop him and a young lad had words, 2nd stop the same guy was shouted at by a woman.

I was between the carriages openly laughing, much to others shock
        I find if they have a rucksack and are facing inwards a bit of a push gets them to move. They do look surprised.

I have been ranted at by a woman of Eastern European extraction for ensuring she wasn't blocking the entire pathway. I just let her rant.

Can't be bothered to explain to people who didn't grow up with the tube and crowded trains who now have to do a commute that you need to let other people on and off with ease, and people have no time for their nonsense if someone moves them out of the way.

Comment

Happens almost every journey.

At Wimbledon recently getting off train. Woman stopped me getting off train so she could be first on. Then kept moving forwards towards me. I had to push her out of the way in the end - God I hate touching people.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

At Wimbledon recently getting off train. Woman stopped me getting off train so she could be first on. Then kept moving forwards towards me. I had to push her out of the way in the end - God I hate touching people.
            When did that start?

You aren't the only one I know who has pointed out people getting on trains and tubes before allowing others off.

I have heard other people tell them not to be so fecking stupid when those who do complain there isn't any room.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              When did that start?

You aren't the only one I know who has pointed out people getting on trains and tubes before allowing others off.

I have heard other people tell them not to be so fecking stupid when those who do complain there isn't any room.
              I have been known to shout for FECKS SAKE at a very high volume, occasionally trying to exit the overground
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You know what you have to do....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  You know what you have to do....

Last night on the tube some woman started touching me while grabbing a hand rail. I gave her a hard stare.

Then someone touched my paper - pointing to something on the floor. It was not mine but belonged to the lady next to me. She tried to bend to pick it up. Could not reach. I picked it up - travel card or wallet. I handed it over and she snatched it like MrsBP does when I give her a tenner. Not a word of thank you or anything.

Comment

Hand sanitiser is your friend. Carry a small bottle.

Comment

Working...
                    X