• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Writing a childrens book

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writing a childrens book

So I've decided for next year I'm going to bring some of my fantastic kids stories to life that I tell my kids by having some illustrated children's books made.

Like all projects, you have to decide what to go for. I have a great imagination and the kids are always asking me for my stories. Princess Stroppy Pants and the Unmade Bed, The Adventures of Timmy the Soap and Rachel Remoaner & Sally Snowflake meet the Prime Minister.

The missus, just happens to be a book designer having worked for a publishing company for years before DS1 decided he was a fruit loop, so that's covered, plus we have three friends in publishing.

So that just leaves an illustrator. I've started looking at Fiverr (https://www.fiverr.com/) and was thinking of getting some samples done. Has anyone done anything similar or used these type of services?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

i've used fiverr to get logos designed. decent enough.

Comment

How about some stories about life in first class? You have no direct experience, but I am sure you can google....

Comment

No stories about Chutney the Spoon?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

'Have you seen my wife?' asked Brillo the Pad,
            'No not since last night' replied Snowflake Sue. 'I think she may have been double dipping with Chutney!'
            'Oh not again!' said Brillo annoyingly, 'That's the third one!'
            'Have you tried asking your accountant' chirped in Noddy the Plank randomly
            'Oh **** off' Noddy they all said
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              'No not since last night' replied Snowflake Sue. 'I think she may have been double dipping with Chutney!'
              'Have you tried asking your accountant' chirped in Noddy the Plank
              Ahh you are writing a parody book for adults.

Unfortunately it's been done linky and linky
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I have a great imagination and the kids are always asking me for my stories.

Comment

So I've decided for next year I'm going to bring some of my fantastic kids stories to life that I tell my kids by having some illustrated children's books made.

Like all projects, you have to decide what to go for. I have a great imagination and the kids are always asking me for my stories. Princess Stroppy Pants and the Unmade Bed, The Adventures of Timmy the Soap and Rachel Remoaner & Sally Snowflake meet the Prime Minister.

The missus, just happens to be a book designer having worked for a publishing company for years before DS1 decided he was a fruit loop, so that's covered, plus we have three friends in publishing.

So that just leaves an illustrator. I've started looking at Fiverr (https://www.fiverr.com/) and was thinking of getting some samples done. Has anyone done anything similar or used these type of services?
                  Indeed you have.

Why waste it on the children, why not write a book about your life instead?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

'Have you tried asking your accountant' chirped in Noddy the Plank randomly
                    Yuck, no sloppy seconds for me!

Oh, um... As you were.

Comment

Working...
                    X