• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Star Wars: The Last Jedi *****CONTAINS SPOILERS*****

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars: The Last Jedi *****CONTAINS SPOILERS*****

This thread has spoilers, if you are still reading this and not seen the film you are a muppet!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Ok, so have everyone not seen the film gone now?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Last chance.......

Comment

Ok, so here goes, saw it last night in IMAX and visually it's very impressive, good story (not fantastic but enjoyable enough) and few comic moments (Chewie and the Porgs), the bit with Leia "flying" was just tulip on so many levels, I clocked Luke had a different beard and was using the broken lightsaber (missed the lack of foot prints which Im hitting myself over as I just kept thinking to myself what is the point of all the stupid salt/red stuff) but when Luke stated quoting Obi Won I knew his demise was coming soon (I still expect him to be in IX but as a force ghost)

The main complaint is why big up Snoke and then just kill him without an explanation as to who he was, unless that comes in IX which I imagine now will be a Rey/Kylo fight, the only suspense if if she kills him or turns him.

Also not sure why but I am really annoyed by the whole Rose bit
        Last edited by SimonMac; 18 December 2017, 10:53.

Comment

FFS - I thought it was about things like this

Now you've given away the bloody plot. Thanks
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Also (although this is a rant from TFA) why is Leia a General when all her peers are Admirals

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Also (although this is a rant from TFA) why is Leia a General when all her peers are Admirals
              Because a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, they didn't use the same military hierarchy naming conventions as we do.

Comment

So many of the rebel plans failed or came to nothing, are they the Conservatives in disguise?

Rey's mission to get Luke back in the fight - failed.
                Rey's mission to turn Ren - failed.
                Gave away a majority and now they're on the run.
                Mission to disable the tracker - failed
                Mission to get a shield code breaker - failed, but stumbled upon another saviour in the same cell despite there only previously being one person known to have the required skills.
                Mission to escape using cloaked ships - failed. New guy somehow figures the empire should scan for cloaked ships.
                Mission to destroy the big gun - U-turned at last minute.

Luke basically moped around on an island and did nothing but offer a temporary distraction via force projection. No wonder the actor was unhappy with his level of involvement in the two movies. Such a waste of potential.

Overall not that bothered about watching it again and not really got much to look forward to in the next movie. More Rey/Ren showdown.

That's what happens when you put a director in charge of also writing the story.

I wonder if JJ Abram, directing/writing the next movie, will do a 'dallas shower scene' to undo some of the poor decisions.
                Last edited by Hobosapien; 19 December 2017, 08:27. Reason: missed a few rebel botches
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed it, possibly a tad long, but I liked the ending, it is setup for the next film, which the script writer(s) will always be aware of.

The Porgs are Disney merchandising at it's best but they didn't annoy me at all.

Well acted, I liked Benicio Del Toro's character, setting possibility he'll be in Ep9 (and maybe Capt. Phasma as well?)

8/10

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Phasma, across both films has been a waste of time.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it seemed to try to cram too much in.

Comment

Working...
                    X