• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal finance spreadsheet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal finance spreadsheet

Hi,

Just going over the finances and wondered if anyone had a personal finance planner in a spreadsheet (or other tool) that factors into account salary, share holdings, dividends and also capped out at the basic rate?

My spreadsheet only goes salary and dividends and tbh not really looking to create it if one already exists.

Thanks

VC

SJD provides one every year exactly as you describe. I’ve left them so don’t have one with the 2017/18 calculations.
    It’s probably easier to just punch the numbers into contractor calculator.com I would reckon.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

They were my accountants a few yrs ago but I didn’t get anything for personal finance just the company finance spreadsheet

Comment

I’ve been running one since 1997 and can trace it all the way back to when I had student debts.

It’s nice to see how I moved from being skint to millionaire over those last 20 years. Though according to my forecast I should have at least another million on top!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I use YNAB to manage my budget. I wouldn’t be without it. Well worth the annual subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I’ve been running one since 1997 and can trace it all the way back to when I had student debts.

It’s nice to see how I moved from being skint to millionaire over those last 20 years. Though according to my forecast I should have at least another million on top!
            Here's a graphical representation.

Comment

Put some time into this over the holidays and got something workable, now the only thing is to make sure I update it regularly to see whether I'm saving or spending accordingly.

I've looked at YNAB before but it doesn't look at dividends, income and tax. My spreadsheet helped me understand the optimal amount of dividends to take this yr - now that I think about it I probably should have got my accountant to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Here's a graphical representation.

I'm sure that could be used in the Crypto thread many times over.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X