• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't you just love it when.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you just love it when.....

....the accounts department at a client pack up for Christmas and don't settle your invoice? Then when you try explaining it to them they don't seem to be able to understand how they arrange their holiday cover isn't really your concern and they signed up to a contract to pay within a month.

Yep. Love it even more when they only have one pay run in the week and it happens to be on the day you're chasing so you've missed the deadline for having it processed.

Comment

Invoice payment delayed, how cute.

I can't even raise the invoice until the timesheet for week running up to crimbo is approved by client and my 'handler' at client isn't back until later in the week having had two weeks off.

Bloody permie holidays.

Though I blame the schools for keeping the kids off beyond today. No reason for it.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Is the warchest that low?

I told the butler to make sure all the household staff got paid on time.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Is the warchest that low?

I told the butler to make sure all the household staff got paid on time.....
          Yes, but he's done a runner with the bitcoins

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Yes, but he's done a runner with the bitcoins
            Well he is not going to get far on that...

oh wait yes he will...

nope nope no he won't....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I told the butler to make sure all the ex-wives got paid on time.....
              FTFY

Comment

Working...
              X