• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golden Globes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Globes

What a sickening spectacle.

They let Weinstein and others get away with it for years, they all knew about it and kept quite despite it clearly going on all around them.

Now they are flipping this over and moralising on the rest of society which has nothing like the record the film industry has on this.

you think that's sickening?

Try watching La La Land. It's the most vomit inducing, sycophantic, up it's own arse piece of smegma I've ever seen.

Only watched it as I thought with that many oscars it must be good. No it's just blowing smoke up Hollywood's arse. No wonder it won so many. It's obsequious. (I knew O level English literature would be useful somewhere).
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      you think that's sickening?

Try watching La La Land. It's the most vomit inducing, sycophantic, up it's own arse piece of smegma I've ever seen.

Only watched it as I thought with that many oscars it must be good. No it's just blowing smoke up Hollywood's arse. No wonder it won so many. It's obsequious. (I knew O level English literature would be useful somewhere).
      La La Land, you to can work in a coffee shop as a waitress then become a famous actress and then go into the same coffee shop and be a smug dick. Sorry for the spoilers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          This kind of schmoozing is why I decided to not become a leading man in the business I call show. It's the worlds loss but I kept my integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            This x 1000

Some of these strong empowered females need to #justsayno. When faced with a choice of:

1. Sleep with fat ugly troll to get Hollywood movie role
            2. Say no to fat ugly troll and not get role (and probably no other roles in any other movies)

What would an empowered and ethically minded 'person' do faced with a choice like this?

It's hard to take these people seriously when they've chosen to make a deal with the devil and are now putting themselves on a self-ritious pedestal claiming victimhood.

They don't do their cause any good and actually damage it for those with genuine experiences in this area. I have someone close to me who's suffered badly in this area and she has no intention to go shouting about it from the rooftops - quite the opposite.

That's enough hate speech for me today - back to the cryptos...
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              La La Land, you to can work in a coffee shop as a waitress then become a famous actress and then go into the same coffee shop and be a smug dick. Sorry for the spoilers.
              You watched more of it than I did. You'll never get that hour back.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

the Weinstein cover ups are bad enough . . . if Corey Feldman can provide evidence of his allegations they may not be many more award ceremonies from they can signal their virtue

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  You watched more of it than I did. You'll never get that hour back.
                  I was watching with the misses after a lecture about only watching my crap. Watch something we can both watch she said!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I was watching with the misses after a lecture about only watching my crap. Watch something we can both watch she said!

I suggested to the wife that we watch it for exactly the same reason. Even she thought it was sh1te and she watches some awful stuff.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X