• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE or QDos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPSE or QDos

Already in a contract, IPSE expired. Should I renew or signup with QDos? What's the general opinion?

Personally I like QDOS. Quite a few like IPSE.

Comment

Depends
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Depends
        On if you have asked your account or not?

Comment

The question gets asked every so often, for example here - https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...ipse-plus.html

You aren't comparing like with like - Qdos are a company selling some insurance products, whereas IPSE has a very different offering.

It's been a while since I looked at everything that Qdos offers, but do they offer business interruption cover yet? For example, if you need to take time out to for a VAT audit, will Qdos help out?

IPSE+ gives you jury duty cover, payment if your client or agency go bust, payment if the agency breaks the contract, payment if you have to attend tax compliance meetings etc.

Also, IPSE+ gives your next of kin £5000 if you die while a member (I have £255k cover through IPSE)

Finally, IPSE are the only people in town that are talking to government and HMRC about working for yourself and the benefits that we provide to the economy (supported by accurate research).

You can read a list of member benefits here.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

They aren't the same thing so it's not really a simple question. Both will cover IR35 investigations, for roughly the same money. One will cover a hell of a lot more, for no more money. Depends if you value all those extras or not and obviously some don't.

Cost up the equivalent of the IPSE Plus package on the open market: that might clarify things...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Both, QDOS for insurance and ipse for their amazing work ensuring IR35 goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                ipse for their amazing work ensuring IR35 goes away.
                Where and when exactly did/will IR35 go away., if anything it gets worse and worse, IPSE are a bunch of idiots doing absolutely nothing and if you live outside London you don't count for them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Where and when exactly did/will IR35 go away., if anything it gets worse and worse, IPSE are a bunch of idiots doing absolutely nothing and if you live outside London you don't count for them at all.
                  Sarcasm

Comment

I hope IPSE will delay the "future of contracting"

Comment

Working...
                    X