• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Feedback !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview Feedback !

Went for an interview early this week, the feedback came as negative, reason:

Very good experience & knowledge, but seemed to be too laid back !!

The interviewer asked me a couple of personal questions, and it seemed we had a a couple of things in common, I thought he was trying to get to know me as a person, I am aware interviewers (especially in large companies) are not allowed to ask personal questions, but I thought if I told him I don't really want to discuss my personal life he may think am trying to hide something so relaxed and was myself !! mistake?

What does everyone think? perhaps the interviewer found a more suitable person and just wanted any excuse to reject my application? But it seems harsh to be rejected for such a reason. Do you think I should discuss this with the agency and ask them to raise this with HR (i.e. tell them that the interviewer asked me personal questions and may have used the answers against me)??

Or may be I should just forget about the whole thing and put it down to experience?

Or may be I should just forget about the whole thing and put it down to experience?
    Yes...Next

Comment

It was me who interviewed you mate. You had your feet on the desk, kept scratching your balls and callin me 'darlin.

Sally Anne
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You should have answered in Polish and dropped your rate by 75%.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Well that's the nice thing about us contractors. We don't have to worry about 'interviews', 'HR' and the like. You just need to convince them you can do the job better than anybody else and won't rip them off.
          If you're certain it was because of your answers to personal questions, then sure do what you like. But sometimes people click, and sometimes for no quantifiable reason they don't.

Comment

I think you are right, the interviewer used to be an Accenture consultant (10 years at Accenture) prior to moving to his present post with the bank that interviewed me. I have worked with Accenture previously, most of them look like a nervous breakdown waiting to happen, mind you I have been to another interview recently and again I felt quite relaxed, am still awaiting to hear from the second interview. I think I just stopped getting nervous at interviews - may be am getting bored and its showing.

Comment

" I think I just stopped getting nervous at interviews - may be am getting bored and its showing."

I go into every interview with a 'jobs mine' attitude. 100% Interview to offer ratio me.

Interviews so bore me now.

Comment

MF- Thanks you for your advise will try to do the same. However, shame you can't keep any of these jobs you get offered, been reading your posts for years, you get a job, and within a week you start moaning and complaining, and you resign or get the sack within a few weeks ! perhaps you should be a bit more choosy about accepting jobs this way you may end up with a job that you could probably complete, and let others take the jobs you seem incapable to keep.

Comment

LOL

Only once lost a contract (beginning of this year). Hardly ever take a renewal.

Contracting so bores me, so very bores me.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                    LOL

Only once lost a contract (beginning of this year). Hardly ever take a renewal.

Contracting so bores me, so very bores me.
                    Missing the Thai ladyboys?

Comment

Working...
                    X