• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Saturday Morning Working

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Morning Working

Just done a two hour stint, which I have landed up doing every f-cking weekend since I got this contract.

Monday morning is the manic day, followed with saturday morning.

Never mentioned during the interview.

Some companies just take the piss.
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 2 December 2006, 09:34.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Just done a two hour stint, which I have landed up doing every f-cking weekend since I got this contract.

It's tough watching cricket.

Comment

Admittingly I was up at 5 and sat on the sofa while doing the wrok.

But it's work nevertheless!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan

Absolutely. The company I'm at at the minute, has only 1 client that I'm aware of... Thats Sonys.. and they/we do most of the Sony.co.uk and sony europe stuff.

Sadly, they are otherwise small time, and exist outside of London in a small town in Hertfordshire..

They take the piss, and make an art of it. If they weren't so bloody crap at organisation, they wouldn't need to pay thousands for me month after month after month to come in and do the work for them.. So it's a 2 edged sword really.

Sadly, most of those thousands go to the Tax man and the thieving Agency bastards.. who take a whopping 30%

Ok, I think I'm feeling better after that...
        To be or not to be... or get someone else to be, and take the slack for it.

Comment

Working...
        X