• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Faith in the country again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faith in the country again!

For the last couple of months I have really been starting to think that this country was in total decline.
    The views and oppinions, constantly expressed on this forum, and in the media have been echoing though my mind 24 hours a day, to the extend that I was beginning to despair.

Last night I realised, though I may be alone on this board, I am not alone in this country.

Fight the fascists!

Fight the racists!

(and keep seeing Billy Bragg every couple of months to keep my sanity!)

Stand up, all victims of oppression
    For the tyrants fear your might
    Don't cling so hard to your possessions
    For you have nothing, if you have no rights
    Let racist ignorance be ended
    For respect makes the empires fall
    Freedom is merely privilege extended
    Unless enjoyed by one and all

So come brothers and sisters
    For the struggle carries on
    The Internationale
    Unites the world in song
    So comrades come rally
    For this is the time and place
    The international ideal
    Unites the human race

Let no one build walls to divide us
    Walls of hatred nor walls of stone
    Come greet the dawn and stand beside us
    We'll live together or we'll die alone
    In our world poisoned by exploitation
    Those who have taken, now they must give
    And end the vanity of nations
    We've but one Earth on which to live

And so begins the final drama
    In the streets and in the fields
    We stand unbowed before their armour
    We defy their guns and shields
    When we fight, provoked by their aggression
    Let us be inspired by like and love
    For though they offer us concessions
    Change will not come from above

Words: Billy Bragg
    Last edited by SallyAnne; 2 December 2006, 15:46.
    The pope is a tard.

"dispair"

Is this when you split up with someone?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Billy Bragg is still living in the 1980s.

He's still fighting Thatcher and doing duty on the miners picket lines.

That's because Billy is irrelevant, and doesn't know what else to do.

We've moved on, Sally, we've moved on.

Nobody's interested in Class War anymore.

And before you start, I come from a mining community and saw the damage that was done and the hardship that had to be endured, but that's in the past and there's no point dwelling on it. You have to look forward.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
        Billy Bragg is still living in the 1980s.

He's still fighting Thatcher and doing duty on the miners picket lines.

That's because Billy is irrelevant, and doesn't know what else to do.

We've moved on, Sally, we've moved on.

Nobody's interested in Class War anymore.

And before you start, I come from a mining community and saw the damage that was done and the hardship that had to be endured, but that's in the past and there's no point dwelling on it. You have to look forward.

I wasn't going to start!

I'm with you there - that fight is long and gone. Thats not what he's about these days at all.

He's all about hating he BNP, hating Bush, hating Bair (obviously I dont agree with that on like, but no ones perfect), fighting for poor...fighting for the country's soul basically.

The guy is a legend, and he constantly restores my faith in people everytime I see him.
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          I wasn't going to start!

I'm with you there - that fight is long and gone. Thats not what he's about these days at all.

He's all about hating he BNP, hating Bush, hating Bair (obviously I dont agree with that on like, but no ones perfect), fighting for poor...fighting for the country's soul basically.

The guy is a legend, and he constantly restores my faith in people everytime I see him.
          His heart is in the right place I think. I mean, who wouldn't hate Bush and Blair, or the BNP?

The problem is that he carries a lot of baggage with him. Old agendas.

But if you enjoy his music then good for you.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
            His heart is in the right place I think. I mean, who wouldn't hate Bush and Blair, or the BNP?

The problem is that he carries a lot of baggage with him. Old agendas.

But if you enjoy his music then good for you.
            Well, I'm sure we have a own little selection of BNP supporters on here like!

Ah its more than the music for me like - I'm a sucker for a person with a passion for good. The guy just oozes it.
            Everything he talks about is from the human perspective - like a load of his new stuff is about the war in Iraq...he doesn't wank on about how we shouldn't be there or anything - instead he sees it from the point of view of the lads on both sides, and how similar both sides are...missing their mams, scared, dying for their country, etc. Regardless of whether you're a British soldier or a "horrid terrorist". He just sees the humanity in everything...

I'm welling up...
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Well, I'm sure we have a own little selection of BNP supporters on here like!

Ah its more than the music for me like - I'm a sucker for a person with a passion for good. The guy just oozes it.
              Everything he talks about is from the human perspective - like a load of his new stuff is about the war in Iraq...he doesn't wank on about how we shouldn't be there or anything - instead he sees it from the point of view of the lads on both sides, and how similar both sides are...missing their mams, scared, dying for their country, etc. Regardless of whether you're a British soldier or a "horrid terrorist". He just sees the humanity in everything...

I'm welling up...
              I'll have a listen then.

Comment

"Well, I'm sure we have a own little selection of BNP supporters on here like!"

Absolutely. They're anybody who disagrees with Sasguru.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                  "Well, I'm sure we have a own little selection of BNP supporters on here like!"

Absolutely. They're anybody who disagrees with Sasguru.
                  I was thinking of enrolling but thenn they asked to see my passport. Bugger!!!
                  Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

For the last couple of months I have really been starting to think that this country was in total decline.
                    You voted for it... cause & effect etc etc

HTH
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X