• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Too many phone calls from recruiters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many phone calls from recruiters

Hello,

Talking about a problem common to a lot of us... I get too many phone calls from recruiters, and definitely more voicemail messages than I can handle.

I thought I could live with this until I missed a voicemail from my doctor that was buried between 20 other voicemails.

I was thinking... maybe someone knows how to get a second disposable phone number without having to get a second mobile phone? Ideally it would also offer a voicemail service.

I did some searching online and there are in fact some companies that offer this service in the US, but I couldn't find anything in the UK.

Suggestions?

Get someone to spill coffee on your phone.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Here you go, you lazy arse

LMGTFY

Comment

If you’re getting more voicemails than you can handle, having a 2nd phone number won’t reduce them, because you’ll still get as many messages, but on two phones.
        Your best solution is to mange your voicemails. Listen to them each day and delete them. Answer the phone when you are around rather than ignoring it.
        Block numbers that you don’t want to call you.

Or get important people to call you at home, and let the agents still use your mobile number.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by kYuZz View Post
          Hello,

Talking about a problem common to a lot of us... I get too many phone calls from recruiters, and definitely more voicemail messages than I can handle.

I thought I could live with this until I missed a voicemail from my doctor that was buried between 20 other voicemails.

I was thinking... maybe someone knows how to get a second disposable phone number without having to get a second mobile phone? Ideally it would also offer a voicemail service.

I did some searching online and there are in fact some companies that offer this service in the US, but I couldn't find anything in the UK.

Suggestions?
          Get a premium telephone number that pays £1 per minute.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by kYuZz View Post
            Hello,

Suggestions?
            My valet had a similar issue until one gave him a nice robust bespoke mailbox greeting, pop down to the palace tomorrow and i'll record one for you too. There'll be loads of people about, so it's best to dress up as batman, climb up the railings and wave your phone about so the guards can see it's you.

Comment

How does getting a new number solve the problem? You will still receive calls and voicemails. I fear that there is no easy way except managing the voicemails and blocking numbers if you feel so.

Comment

I;ve got an app called PF voicemail+ on my phone....

It converts the voicemail to text. Its not brilliant but it does give you a rough idea so you can just delete or ring the person back.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

If you block numbers you still get their voicemails as they go directly into it. I got loads of Indian agencies and other scammers blocked but unfortunately they still leave their messages.

Comment

get a visual voicemail app, makes things very easy and quick rather than having to do it via the telcos crappy system

Comment

Working...
                    X