• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There are only room for 2 babies on a tennis court

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are only room for 2 babies on a tennis court

Australian Open crying baby sparks parenting debate | Daily Mail Online

The mother should be at home looking after the child. Dad should be too poor to afford tickets to the tennis having lost it all to his ex-wife who wanted to sh4g her tennis coach.

Whether the child should have been up at 10pm is up for debate as you do not know the story or lifestyle of the parents - however under normal circumstances you would say no - child should not have been up.

However if the child was disturbing the game (in much the same way if the child was at a theatre or cinema or any other public place where the noise would be seen as an unwelcome distraction and remove the pleasure of the experience for paying customer) then it would be expected that the parents took the child elsewhere.

But in todays world it is all about me me me and fook everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Whether the child should have been up at 10pm is up for debate as you do not know the story or lifestyle of the parents
      What would Gina Ford say?

Comment

Whether the child should have been up at 10pm is up for debate as you do not know the story or lifestyle of the parents - however under normal circumstances you would say no - child should not have been up.
        Any indication of the age of the baby? If very young, then there's no issue. If it was a year old, then I'd agree.

However if the child was disturbing the game
        I watched the video. It's impossible to say whether as soon as the baby wouldn't settle that the parent(s) didn't take it outside.

Stupid comment by commentator. Not unknown. But nothing else.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

However if the child was disturbing the game (in much the same way if the child was at a theatre or cinema or any other public place where the noise would be seen as an unwelcome distraction and remove the pleasure of the experience for paying customer) then it would be expected that the parents took the child elsewhere.
          I think that was tried before but the parents, a Mr and Mrs McEnroe, stubbornly refused to accommodate the request.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
          X