• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up hearing Nick Robinson's croaky bullfrog voice every morning on Radio 4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed up hearing Nick Robinson's croaky bullfrog voice every morning on Radio 4

I wonder if the BBC would take any notice of a complaint.

After all, with 60 million people to choose from in the UK, why should the BBC persist in employing a presenter whose voice is obviously no longer fit for purpose, just because he's been in the post for a long time?

One doesn't want to sound callous, and putting up with a temporary vocal affliction would be OK. After all most of us have a cold and perhaps a croaky throat for a few days at this time of year.

But Robinson's corncrake voice is obviously now a permanent fixture, for whatever reason. So he's had a good run, and it's obviously now time to pension him off.

Same goes for the ancient old retainer who does Gardener's Question Time on the Radio, and the piping voiced old boy who commentates the snooker.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

There's a few presenters on the Today programme I'd be pleased to see offed in favour of some new blood.

Comment

He's not on every morning, so only listen when he's not on.

Simple.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I watch some documentary he did. I found his voice rather irritating - especially when he attempted accents. But not as annoying as Brian Cox.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          But Robinson's corncrake voice is obviously now a permanent fixture, for whatever reason.

https://www.theguardian.com/healthca...-therapist-bbc

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I watch some documentary he did. I found his voice rather irritating - especially when he attempted accents. But not as annoying as Brian Cox.
            Things can only get better.

Comment

His voice has improved a lot since he started presenting the Today show, just after he recovered from lung cancer, give the guy a break

Comment

He was on the news yesterday, forget what about now. Seemed ok. Not half as annoying as Robert Peston.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

the are all remoaner, liberal elite, militant feminist anti men, anti car, arty, defenders of sub 3rd world nhs care, members of the chattering classes at their worst

i hope they all get shot in the marxist revolution they so clearly want

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    His voice has improved a lot since he started presenting the Today show, just after he recovered from lung cancer, give the guy a break
                    I suspected it was something like that, and I sympathise with the guy and I don't dislike him.

All the same, with a noticeably and consistently croaky voice, for whatever reason, he should not be a presenter on prime time radio every day. End of!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X