• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I might just be a whisky man!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might just be a whisky man!

I don't know much at all about whisky, but drinking a first edition, single malt distilled at Dailuaine 2004 Speyside Region (does this mean anything to anyone).

And.. have to admit it's lovely. Have I just won the lottery of whiskeys or can you get better?

Yamazaki 12 Year Old and Crown Royal Canadian (this one's very affordable) are two good non-Jock whiskys.

Just finishing a bottle of Lagavulin 16 Year Old which was nice if you don't mind a bit of kick.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      Yamazaki 12 Year Old and Crown Royal Canadian (this one's very affordable) are two good non-Jock whiskys.

Just finishing a bottle of Lagavulin 16 Year Old which was nice if you don't mind a bit of kick.
      Thank you, will make a note and when I'm in Manchester city centre will see if I can pick up a bottle of either.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post

any of the Islay malts have a 'kick' as you put it.
        Laphroaigh's worth a try if you want peaty flavours

Comment

Have a couple of friends (yes honest) that keep on talking about a Whiskey tour, I think it could be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Have a couple of friends (yes honest) that keep on talking about a Whiskey tour, I think it could be fun!
            It can be staggeringly good fun old chap!

Comment

There is a Whisky Trail in the Speyside valley. All you need to get is a volunteer driver.....or pay for one of course!

Speyside Whisky Tours
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Join the club and become a member of the SMWS. Here you'l find cask strength Whisky from all over the world, but mostly Scotland. Usually I'll export a few bottles every time I visit Edinburgh or London, they've all got a watering hole in Zurich as well.

Whisky is made unique by the sherry cask it was matured in and of course by the means of which the heat was created. i.e. peat etc
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Try Glenfarclas 15 year old - it's worth it
                  Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
                  http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Scott is Whisky.
                    Irish is Whiskey.

Irish triple distilled will be smoother to drink.
                    If you like peaty try Bruichladdich (aka tenladdy).

If you want to read up Iain Banks did a very good book on Scottish malts.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X