• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Mark E Smith

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Mark E Smith

I know its been mentioned on the dead celebs thread, but I am supprised at how this as affected me.
    I listen to the Fall a lot and they have always been in my musical background.

I used to see him out and about as he lived near me.

Tomorrow I shall mostly be listening to the Fall
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

I am listening now. Gutted.

Comment

Aye, he is worth more than a casual mention in the dead celebrities thread. He was not a celebrity, he was a legend. Time for a drink.

Comment

Very sad, of course. The Fall were tulip though...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            0 - I am removing his post count before I ban him

Always different, always the same. Never rubbish though.

Comment

Mark E. Smith, kuff dam. A loss to music eccentricity

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                There was a shortage of good musicians willing to work with him.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

One of the groups I stumbled upon via the Peel Sessions. Never really got into them back then, recall only liking the odd song or two of those he played.

Upon hearing the news I did think of looking up their 'best songs' catalogue to see if they appealed more now.

Easy to do via YouTube before deciding whether to get the new/used CD(s) from Amazon or MusicMagpie for better quality than the crappy MP3 streaming/download options. On my 'to do' list for later.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                  X